superluminal particle accelerator

• Imagine you are sipping tea or coffee while discussing various issues with a broad and diverse network of students, colleagues, and friends brought together by the common bond of physics, graduate school, and the physics GRE.

petrus b

Post by petrus b » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:41 pm

Petar Bosnic Petrus,

CONICAL AND PARABOLOIDAL SUPRALUMINAL PARTICLE ACCELERATORS

Theoretical suppositions

In the my previous work: “How the velocity of light can be excedeed”, I have shown that light is not a special // separate (or positive) physical entity and that velocity of light, c, is not the property of light itself but is, in fact, a vacuum or space transference constant - the ability or property of vacuum // space to transfer electromagnetic impulses at precisely that and only at that speed.

Using the existing methods and accelerators I have also shown that it was not possible to accelerate the particles to a speed exceeding the velocity of light, c, in other words, that this is not possible, not due to the increase the particle mass, m, but because the acceleratory effect of force F, which affects the particle - and which is transferred exclusively at the velocity of light, c, - falls towards zero when at the velocity of the particle v that is close to the velocity of light c.

This is the result one arrives at from further developing Einstein's key equation of the Special theory of relativity - equation related to this subject-matter.

“Transverse mass = m/ 1 – v2/c2” “ ” (1)*

Once this equation is, at Einstein's own suggestion, taken to its “pure” form suitable for interpretation, the following is obtained:

M = F/a, m/1-v27c2 = F/a...(2), m = F(1-v2/c2)/a...(3), a =F(1-v2/c2)/m...(4)
, (2), (3),

or rather .........(4).

See all eqations and figures at my site, by keywords: petar bosnic petrus

When the velocity of a particle is v = c, the relative velocity, crel, of dispersion and effect of the force F, which accelerates the particle, is, in relation to the particle itself, equal to zero. Consequently, its acceleration is also a = 0 // also equals zero. For the a > 0 it is necessary that the relative velocity of light, crel, in relation to the particle, be higher than zero.

I have also shown that a similar situation occurs with an object that is being accelerated by sound waves, and that in such a case the Lorentz transformation equations, by way of which the acceleration, caused by force transferred by sound waves, can be calculated extremely accurately, are also applicable. Therefore, it is not the increase of the

particle mass, m, which is calculated using the Lorentz transformation equations (as was stated by Special Reativity), but rather the reduction of the acceleratory effect of force F.

A similar phenomenon, which occurs in existing accelerators, also affects a sailing ship which has the wind in it sails coming straight from behind, i.e. from the stern. When the velocity of the sailing ship approaches the speed of the wind, the relative velocity of wind at which it hits the sails drops, and with it the force propelling the sailing ship forward. In such a case a sailing ship does not, due to the resistance of water, reach even the velocity of the wind, but a somewhat lower speed.

The reason for choosing the example of a sailing ship lies in its ability to demonstrate a fact of crucial significance for the particle acceleration physics, as the following short text will show.

The following is the said text:

If a sailing ship, which we assume is offering low resistance to moving through water, if therefore, this sailing ship has wind blowing not from behind but from its side - at right angles in relation to the direction of its movement - then such a ship is going to achieve a speed significantly higher than the speed of wind blowing into its sails.

Ships which are particularly suitable for achievement of such supravental velocities are the small, lightweight catamarans, because they can (because of very low resistance) sail much faster than the velocity of the wind propelling them forward.

But let us return to the particle physics.

Conical supraluminal accelerator

In the common types of particle accelerator (linear or circular), the waves which accelerates a particle comes from behind, just like the wind into the sails of the above mentioned sailing ship comes from its stern. Which is why the particle cannot achieve the velocity of light, let alone exceed it.

However, if we were to bring that same wave to the side of the particle, then it could reach a velocity that would be several times greater than c.

Since a particle has no sails, no keel and no rudder which would redirect the force affecting it, we would have to bring the waves from all sides, and do so at an angle slightly over 900 in relation to the direction of its movement.

This can be achieved with a conical accelerator – a funnel-shaped accelerator. See

Picture 1.

Figures are at my main site: petar bosnic petrus com

Picture 1: ax - axis of conical accelerator and trajectory of accelerated particles; 1 - wall of the conical accelerator; 2 – coils; 3 - electromagnetic waves; 4 - accelerated particle; 5 point of intersection of electromagnetic waves; 6 - standard accelerator tube or cathode tube; 7 - cisoidal cross-section of mantle resulting from the acceleration of particles to the speed exceeding the speed of light - Cherenkov effect.

Procedure

A particle is first accelerated in a standard accelerator to a subluminal velocity close to the velocity c and then introduced into the funnel-shaped, or rather the conical, accelerator. Instead of a circular or linear accelerator, 6, a more powerful cathode tube can be used.

The electromagnetic waves 3 - created by the coils 2 of the conical accelerator, all of which are turned on at the same time - moves tansversally, i.e. perpendiculary // vertically in relation to the wall of the funnel, 1 towards its axis ax. At the same time waves approaches both the particle it accelerates, 4 and axis ax along which the particle moves, at an angle somewhat greater than 900 in relation to the movement direction of the particle. The intersection point of electromagnetic waves 5 which is located on axis ax, moves along the axis as many times faster as the axis ax is longer than the radius r. The particle is propelled and accelerated by the vector sum of all electromagnetic forces affecting it in the funnel (conical accelerator). The ultimate particle velocity v depends, as already said, on the ratio between axis ax, and radius r of the large aperture of the funnel. If axis ax is four times longer than radius r (as shown in our picture), then the particle velocity at the exit from the funnel will necessarily be four time faster than velocity c, due to the fact that the electromagnetic waves which accelerate it along axis ax, and the point of their intersection, 5, must - in the same period of time in which, in their transversal motion, they cover the length of the radius r - cover a four times greater distance while moving along axis ax in an approximately longitudinal direction. Taken in general, ultimate particle velocity v is as many times higher than c the axis of the cone is longer than the radius r. In the conical accelerator shown in Picture 1 that ratio is 4:1. With a higher ratio, for instance 5:1, the vector sum of forces affecting the particle would be smaller, which would have to be compensated for with a more powerful electromagnetic wave. And if the waves were strong enough, the ultimate velocity of the particle would be close 5 times that of velocity c.

Still one analogical explanation.

Please do imagine very smooth, but unshapred scissors and try to cut a peace of steel file. You will not be able to cut it. Smooth blades of scissors will pull the steel file towards the its top (top of sccisors) by velocity several times larger than is the velocity of movement of the blades itself.

In this example, the blades of scissors are representing the electromagnetic vawes of accelerator and its velocity. Steel file is representing charged particle. The charged particle will behaviour just as steel file. This accelerator functions as an electromagnetic scissors.

The difference between the conical accelerator and existing ones lies in its ability to make the relative velocity of the electromagnetic waves crel – for particles which move at the velocity of light or greater - several times greater than the velocity of the particles themselves, v, thus enabling their acceleration above the speed of light. In standard accelerators the relative velocity of waves, crel. is, in relation to the highly accelerated particle, very close to zero, crel @ 0. while in a conical accelerator it is crel. > 0, several times over.

The electromagnetic field of a conical accelerator need not be of enormously great power or density since, due to its specific shape, the density of electromagnetic wave - similar to those in fusion reactors - concentrates and increases the closer it gets to axis ax, and consequently, when close to the axis of the electromagnetic field it increases to an very high density. At every point of axis ax value od the density of magnetic field Фax will increase for the value Ф0 x 2r π . Where the Ф0 is density of magnetic field onto the surface of coils; r is radius, i.e. distance from coils to certain point onto the axis ax.

Фax = Ф0∙2rπ ( 5)

Bearing in mind a certain inertion of the particles it would be necessary, in order to achieve velocities many times greater than the velocity of light, to accelerate them with a battery or row of conical accelerators, the first of which would accelerate the particle to a speed only twice as fast as the speed of light, the second three or four times, the third four, five or six times, and so on.
Paraboloidal supraluminal accelerator...
The same effect could be achieved by an accelerator whose axial cross-section that would not be strictly conical and rectiliniar, as the one already shown, but more like a parabola, i.e. similar to a parabolic concave mirror. (See Picture 2.) With such an accelerator the ratio between axis ax and radius r would be continually increasing from the entry into the accelerator to the exit from it - the large aperture of the cone. The velocity of the electromagnetic waves along axis ax would increase at the same rate in relation to speed c - from a ratio of, for instance, 2:1 to 10:1.or 20:1 In these relations the figure 1 denotes the length of radius r and the velocity of light c, while figures 2, 10 and 20 denotes the length of the axis ax and the number of times the velocity of the wave traveling along axis ax exceeds its transversal velocity c.
Picture 2.

Picture 2: ax - accelerator axis , 1 - wall of the paraboloidal supraluminal accelerator; 2. - tubes of a standard accelerator or cathode tube.
When measuring the achieved velocity of a particle one should bear in mind the existence of theoretical indications whereby a pure vacuum could, with regard to the supraluminal particles, behave as a diamagnetic medium and therefore decelerate them. Ionized particle would cause a change in the density of a magnetic field - precisely because of the supraluminal speed - exclusively in the space behind the accelerated particle. The particle moving faster than light would also cause the Cherenkov cone-effect, i.e. conical mantle of “compressed vacuum”, while due to the acceleration of a particle the axial cross-section would not be strictly conical - as demonstrated to date by experiments based on the Cherenkov theory - but would instead be more of a cisoidal shape elongated along axis ax.
Theoretical possibility
After leaving the field of accelerator, at the supraluminal velocity, the space maybe will transforme ionized particles into neutral.
Additional technical solutions
Electrical, conical and paraboloidal supraluminal, accelerators
Since the electrical field is spreaded in the same, or similar manner as a magnetic field does (shovn by picture 1), instead of magnetic accelarators, provided with coils, we are enabled to use electrical accelerators at which the mass of walls, 1 is charged by positive or negative electricity charge or power, as shown by the figure 3. In this, electrical type of accelerators we can also use paraboloidal and conical shape of accelerator and a battery or row of tham.
Picture 3

Picture 3: ax - accelerator axis , 1 - wall of the paraboloidal supraluminal accelerator charged by positive electrical charge; 2. - tubes of a standard accelerator or cathode tube; 3 –accelerated, positive ion, particle.
How does it functions ?
Supraluminal electrical accelerators are turned on, or charged by electricity, after the charged particle was introduced into the space of conical or paraboloidal acceletators. They are accelerating the particles by repulsive force along the axis ax. Negative charged particles, eg. Electrons, are accelerated by negative charge of accelerator.

At which velocity an acceleration of the particle is falling to zero?

It depends of the ratio between the radius r and axis ax If the ratio is, eg. 1 : 4 , acceleration of particle will fall to zero close the velocity 4c.That is in accordance with eqation based in Lorentz transformation.

a = F(4 – 4v2/c2)/m (6)

If we want to continue acceleration, or increase velocity we can not do it by increasing the accelerative force than rather by increasing ratio between r and ax. If that ratio should be: eg. 1 : 7 the acceleration will fall to zero close to velocity 7c. In that case, (case of ratio 1 : 7) maximal theoretically possible velocity also will be slightly less than 7c

General equation is as follow:

a= F(n – nv2/c2) / m (7)

If the n should be to large or ∞, the acceleration will be zero, because in that case the accelerating force would be perpendicular to the line of particles movement.

petrus b

Post by petrus b » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:25 am

There are some errors in equations
Eg.
a = F(4 – 4v2/c2)/m (6)

it muust be:

a = F(4 – v2/4c2)/m (6)

and

a = F(n – v2/nc2)/m (6)

I wrotte it to fast

Sorry, sorry, Sorry!

At my site entitled :

petar bosnic petrus com

there are corrected equations and figures.

Equations to calculate maximal superluminal velocity too.

cancelled20080417

Post by cancelled20080417 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:00 pm

WTF, ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go publish ur paper in the physical review as a sole author and then get rejected from MIT and Yale. by the way, also get early acceptances from some god places.MY wishes are with you.

LMAO
( I want to roll on the floor laughing)

grae313

Post by grae313 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:40 pm

this is the funniest *** I've read in months.

thanks, petrus, you've enlightened me.

seriously though, posting your groundbreaking work that is going to earn you a nobel prize at physicsGRE.com is like offering a prostitute money to pretend she likes you. pathetic. aren't you embarrassed to do this?

cancelled20080417

Post by cancelled20080417 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:39 pm

ming boggling truth, grae, how can we read ***? can u help me?

zxcv

Post by zxcv » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:29 pm

I once found a quack on physicsforums.com and conversed with him over the entireity of my winter break in my freshman year. Eventually I gave up, but not before he gave me gems like his proof that 0=infinity, with its deep (meta-)physical consequence that nothing=everything. I still have those conversations archived and go back to them every once in a while for a good laugh.

grae313

Post by grae313 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:57 pm

RG, I can't help you... you are going to have to figure it out for yourself :wink:

petrus b

Re: superluminal particle accelerator

Post by petrus b » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:25 pm

Please do think about this problem in the same manner as Kopernik, Gallileo, Newton, Maxwell, Planck.
Velocity of light is just a problem, as well as superluminal velocity. There is no clear or final true in this matter.

zxcv

Post by zxcv » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:15 pm

Clear or final true, that's all we're going for, too.

petrus b

Post by petrus b » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:16 am

I agree. It is the final goal of our scientifical intentions.
Is there somebody capable to carrie out an experiment with conical or paraboloidal accelerator?