Can anyone help me..??

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

isainianuj

Can anyone help me..??

Post by isainianuj » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:11 am

Hi,

I am an international student applying for a PhD this fall. I have really bad GRE physics score and bad GRE verbal scores. I am hoping to get good TOEFL score (around 100/120). My scores are:

GRE general:
Quant: 790 (92%)
Verbal: 340 (15%)
AWA: 3.5 (18%)

GRE Physics: 670 (51%)

I dont know how to convert my pertage score to GPA. I have 74.14 out of 100 in masters program in physics from jamia milia islamia, New Delhi.

I want to perform research in Quantum information and had done the project in the same field in my masters.

I have got 2 excellent recommendations from my profs and one good one form my present employer.

I am stuck up with my personal statement. I made a personal statement, I thought it too be a good one. When I showed to some of the people I know, I got a mixed response. I don't have enough time to write a new one! So, I am sticking up with the current one. Have made few changes though!

Can anyone tell me how important is personal statement? And how important is it when I have such scores?

I am applying to:

U of Rochester
Tulane Univ
Carnegie Melon
U of Florida
Georgia Tech

What are chances of getting into any one of the schools?

Shall I add in more schools. And are there are any schools that will accept me having late deadlines..??

Please advice!!!

isainianuj

Update

Post by isainianuj » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:50 am

I just got my internet based TOEFL's result... I have scored 111/120

I hope this will help me cover up for my bad GRE verbal score...