GRE training- question for those who already took it

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

Maxwells_Demon

GRE training- question for those who already took it

Post by Maxwells_Demon » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:16 am

Hi,

For those of you who studied all 4 practice exams from the ETS before taking the actual GRE exam, how did your results end up?

I'm curious, did you score around what you scored on the 4th practice test? Or did you go beyond the 4 practice tests by reading your entire textbook to achieve the score you wanted? I've read a lot of suggestions about what to do, but I haven't seen comparable results with what was done and what was achieved after testing.

I'm in the process of going through the 4 practice exams from ETS, but I'm wondering if it's enough. I plan to score high, so I'm reading my textbook as well.

I thought this would be an interesting statistic, maybe. Thanks in advance,

-Maxwell's Demon

grae313

Post by grae313 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:00 pm

The test is really similar to 0177. It sounds like you've already looked at it, which might makes things tough. You want to take it under simulated test conditions. If you score really well on that practice test, you will probably do similary on the actual thing (I did).

If you want to do better, study the topics that are covered in the four practice exams.

goutham_bgc

gre new words thread

Post by goutham_bgc » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:18 am

Http://gre-new-words.blogspot.com

all the links in the page are very helpful !!