Suggested schools for numerical relativity.

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

shreypareek

Suggested schools for numerical relativity.

Post by shreypareek » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:53 am

Hey everyone! I'm a dual degree student from BITS in India, with an MSc in Physics and BE in Electronics and Instrumentation.

Firstly, this forum has been a massive help in terms of what to expect from graduate admissions, so thanks a lot! :D

I wanted to know, which profs/universities can I apply to for Numerical Relativity, apart from the top ones like Caltech, Cornell etc, just to see if i've missed anything. I have heard that the professor should be given more preference over the college, so I plan to apply to not so well known colleges too, if they have a guide who is well known in the field.

Also, I have been considering taking a research internship for an year, since my resume doesn't seem to be strong enough for making the cut(I have to compensate for a really bad GPA. The average grades in my college hover around 2.8 on 4 :| ). So i wanted to know if anyone is aware of profs taking students for internships on numerical relativity with/without funding. It would be really helpful if someone has already worked under such a professor!

Thanks a lot for your help in advance, really appreciate it :D

bfollinprm

Re: Suggested schools for numerical relativity.

Post by bfollinprm » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:42 am

University of Maryland is a good choice.

shreypareek

Re: Suggested schools for numerical relativity.

Post by shreypareek » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:24 pm

Okay, I looked up UMD and yeah, that is one place I'm definitely going to apply to now! Thanks :D