pGRE for Environmental Science graduates

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

Greenangel

pGRE for Environmental Science graduates

Post by Greenangel » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:41 am

Hello,

I am a student of Environmental Science currently doing my undergraduate. I have a huge interest in Physics. As such, for my postgraduation I plan to go for a field that will combine physics and environmental science.

My query is, do you think I should sit for the pGRE?

P.S.: My undergraduate degree doesn't offer any any higher level physics courses. The only ones that I have are equivalent to Grade 12 Physics. This means that, if I do sit for pGRE I'll have to study the UG level Physics all by myself. Do you think it is possible?

Thanks in advance.

TakeruK

Re: pGRE for Environmental Science graduates

Post by TakeruK » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:09 pm

At my current school, the Environmental Science PhD program does not require the Physics GRE test score for admission. You can do research that combines ideas from physics and environmental science through the Environmental Science program here.

So, if you find that there are many programs like this that you can apply to, I would say that you should not bother writing the Physics GRE. It would probably be a good idea to read and self-teach yourself the equivalent of the first year (or maybe first 2 years) of college Physics though, for your own research interests (since you say you are interested in Physics).