I'm going to...

Roberto

I'm going to...

Post by Roberto » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:17 am

COMMIT SUICIDE! I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE GOT ALL REJECTIONS :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

RonaldoMcDonaldo

Re: I'm going to...

Post by RonaldoMcDonaldo » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:54 am

Roberto wrote:COMMIT SUICIDE! I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE GOT ALL REJECTIONS :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Maybe give it another year. Study your ass off for the PGRE and apply to a few more safety schools. If you get rejected again next year, then you can reconsider suicide.

PathIntegrals92

Post by PathIntegrals92 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:28 am

It's really rare, but some schools do have spring admissions. Check those out?

It's not so bad to have a year off. I was in your position last year. At first I was extremely sad, now I am pretty happy with the way things turned out. I had a lot more time to carefully think about what I want as a career etc. It made(makes) this year's process not so stressful.

Strange_Beauty

Post by Strange_Beauty » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:40 pm

get a research position at your home school or somewhere else, study for GRE for next year...

Roberto

Post by Roberto » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:48 pm

No I've decided I can't take it anymore I've failed at life, I'm going to commit suicide tonight :( goodbye world I'll send an email to all the admissions committees that reject me and hope they will feel sorry for the rest of their life and perhaps some will feel so sorry they will commit suicide too

Roberto

PathIntegrals92

Post by PathIntegrals92 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:54 pm

Roberto wrote:No I've decided I can't take it anymore I've failed at life, I'm going to commit suicide tonight :( goodbye world I'll send an email to all the admissions committees that reject me and hope they will feel sorry for the rest of their life and perhaps some will feel so sorry they will commit suicide too

Roberto
I really hope you are joking. This isn't failure and you are not the only one who has been rejected by all schools. Look through this forum or others.

There's more to life than just grad school. Take time to figure it out. Raise your scores+get more experience if that's what you really want. Go talk to your professors if you are nearby or email them to get some advice.

zhuk

Post by zhuk » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:31 pm

Roberto wrote:No I've decided I can't take it anymore I've failed at life, I'm going to commit suicide tonight :( goodbye world I'll send an email to all the admissions committees that reject me and hope they will feel sorry for the rest of their life and perhaps some will feel so sorry they will commit suicide too

Roberto

Please don't - call this number :1 (800) 273-8255
they have helped a friend of mine several times.
joke or not, if you are having these thoughts CALL

Curiousstudent

Post by Curiousstudent » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:06 pm

What these guys said ^^

Getting you bachelor's degree is a lot more than most people can say for themselves not to mention with a major in physics. I'm sure there are lots of people who care about including those of us who have responded. Please talk to someone if you're serious about this. If you're this upset about it, it clearly means you are a very motivated individual and you have great things to come in your life.

Tubal-Cain

Post by Tubal-Cain » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:46 pm

Well I guess that's one less competitor I have to worry about.....I'm going to fail too.

adamyos

Post by adamyos » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:45 am

Hey! Hold on!
I was in the same position as you! I got rejected from ALL 15 universities I applied to last year.
But, I want to get into physics anyhow. And hence, I worked on a project and studied properly for the PGRE.
You could do it too! Also, sometimes it happens that even if you have research experience and good PGRE, we may not get into any due to the choice of universities (say, maybe you applied to all the top ones?). Hence, a judicious choice of universities is important. Do look into it! Graduate school in US is lucrative but that does not mean we can't do graduate studies in our home countries. So, please do look into the top places at your home country as well!

You can do it! C'mon! You have to! For the sake of your passion for your subject! You must!

EDIT: I'll be reapplying this year and hoping for the best! I haven't gotten anywhere yet.