Changes to planned courses after submitting application

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

enixa

Changes to planned courses after submitting application

Post by enixa » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:45 am

m
Last edited by enixa on Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

RonaldoMcDonaldo

Re: Changes to planned courses after submitting application

Post by RonaldoMcDonaldo » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:27 am

enixa wrote:Is it okay to change the courses that you plan to take after submitting grad apps? Will any mismatches result in rescinded offers? I find that I don't have enough time to take all the courses that I was originally planning to take and I was hoping to drop one.
Can you clarify what you are asking? Are you saying that you told some of the schools which courses you were planning on taking in your first semester and now you've decided you won't be able to take all those classes?

If so, they don't care at all. Their decision making process has absolutely nothing to do with what classes you claim to want to take. In fact, most people don't bother saying anything about classes you want to take in their program and unless they specifically asked about it, it was probably a waste of time to say anything about it in your statement of purpose or other parts of your application.

enixa

Post by enixa » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:41 am

m
Last edited by enixa on Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

RonaldoMcDonaldo

Post by RonaldoMcDonaldo » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:46 am

Changing your mind on classes will absolutely not affect your application in any way shape or form.