Official transcipt and TOEFL score not received.

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

HwaS

Official transcipt and TOEFL score not received.

Post by HwaS » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi, I am an international student from South Korea.
I applied to Rutgers University.
They require to send Official transcript and TOEFL score. So I sent both two weeks ago(around Dec.19)
I checked that official transcript is delivered at Dec.23 by checking the tracking number(USPS).
and TOEFL score is received at other universities(Duke,Brown) but Rutgers application status says it still doesn't receive those.
Deadline for Rutgers is today(Jan.1st). Others(LoR etc) are all received.
Am I going to be rejected even without my application being reviewed due to delayed score report and transcript?
I asked Rutgers University by sending email twice. But they don't answer(about a week ago)
I'm so worried.

gendf

Re: Official transcipt and TOEFL score not received.

Post by gendf » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi. They probably just don't work these days, you know, Christmas and New Year holidays. For example, General Office at my university (in Canada) does not work from 23 December to 2nd January.
Also read this: (from other topic: Stupid Mistake! Submit anyways?)

astroprof wrote:Just to provide a little additional reassurance: we receive (and review!) late materials every year. Deadlines exist for a reason, but the stern warnings are mostly to ensure that the majority of the material is provided in a timely manner. On our end, it can take several days to organize the applications (either creating physical folders with the applications, transcripts, test scores, and letters assembled, or creating electronic documents with the physical material (transcripts and scores) scanned and sorted). Thus, if material arrives only a few days late, it will still be reviewed by the admissions committee during the first round.

Also, ETS does send us physical copies of the GRE score reports, but they also allow us electronic access before the physical copy arrives. If we are missing the physical copy at the time of the review of applications, we will look up the scores via the electronic access. So, yes, your scores should be available to the institution within about 2 business days, even if it takes longer for the physical copy to arrive.

As a final reassurance: most US schools are closed between Christmas and New Year's, so all of your transcripts, score reports, and any other physical aspect of your application are likely collecting dust in University mail rooms this week. That mail will be distributed to the departments on Monday, at which point someone in each department will open, sort (or scan), and record the receipt of scores/transcripts. So anything arriving prior to Jan 5 will be the equivalent of meeting a Dec 31/Jan 1 deadline.

HwaS

Post by HwaS » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:36 am

They received them by Jan. 7 which is a few days after the deadline(Jan.1).
How much will this affect my application?

RonaldoMcDonaldo

Post by RonaldoMcDonaldo » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:08 am

HwaS wrote:They received them by Jan. 7 which is a few days after the deadline(Jan.1).
How much will this affect my application?
I don't know.