Cmu application re submission urgent

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

instrument.santosh

Cmu application re submission urgent

Post by instrument.santosh » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:47 pm

Okay this is the scenario. I had applied to cmu once the results came out and had already submitted my score to cmu during the gre exams. Today I had for a mail from cmu asking to upload unofficial gre scores and transcripts if I had not done already. I guess that was just a generic mail sent to all applicants. So I logged in to check the application status, to my astonishment the submit button was active. I pressed the submit again and I received a confirmation mail again to my ID that the application is submitted and all the status now are in "awaiting" . I also got a confirmation mail on 27th saying that my online application is submitted. Am sure my recommenders have submitted their letters few days back. Now my question is would the recommenders have to submit the letter again now? Am really tensed as the deadline is on 15th. Please do tell me if anyone here have got the same problem or rather cmu applicants go check the apply now site.

PathIntegrals92

Re: Cmu application re submission urgent

Post by PathIntegrals92 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:59 pm

The first thing you should do is contact them and ask them.

I don't know what else to tell you...

Email them first! Then call if you don't get a respond within a day or two. I am sure you will! I have emailed physics admissions and get replies within a day!

Good luck!

instrument.santosh

Post by instrument.santosh » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Thank you I have already mailed them, hoping to get a reply soon. Will call them in a day's time. Wanted to see if this was a general problem to all cmu applicants.

Anyway thanks a bunch again

instrument.santosh

Post by instrument.santosh » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Okay so they thankfully replied to the mail. It seems they require a scanned copy or screen shot of your gre scores even or you have sent them your official gre scores before hand. I just left that column thinking they wouldn't need those as I had already sent them the scores, hence they had reopened the application claiming it to be incomplete.

My bad luck am kind of out of town in the middle of nowhere with bare minimum internet. Got to complete it once I reach home after couple of days!!

Phew! Am going to pamper myself for sure after these application processes are over