Not a single rejection from NCSU and U Pitt !

kathiravangg

Not a single rejection from NCSU and U Pitt !

Post by kathiravangg » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:19 pm

NC State and U Pitt have not rejected ANYONE so far ! Is this how it normally works ?
I saw only one Rejection (U Pitt) posted in gradcafe two weeks ago.
Upon emailing the coordinator at NC State, I was told I am waitlisted !
Your thoughts please !
:?:

ndising

Re: Not a single rejection from NCSU and U Pitt !

Post by ndising » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:55 pm

Northwestern has also been dragging its feet. I emailed today (April 1st) and they replied that they accept applicants right up to April 14th, 11:59PM, and couldn't give me an idea of when I would receive a decision.

Apparently, 60 seconds is enough time to consider and respond to their offer.

nik

Post by nik » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:05 pm

kathiravangg wrote:NC State and U Pitt have not rejected ANYONE so far ! Is this how it normally works ?
I saw only one Rejection (U Pitt) posted in gradcafe two weeks ago.
Upon emailing the coordinator at NC State, I was told I am waitlisted !
Your thoughts please !
:?:
You know what... I think the best idea is just to stay with whatever you have already got and get rid of all this admission crap! I see, you already got 3 offers, among which, Tennessee Knoxville is probably the best. You should keep the best offer and decline the others because other people are waiting on your denial too! And if you accept any offer before 15 April, you can change your mind and turn down any till 15 April. So, u my wish to consider accepting UTK while u are waiting for Pitt or NCSU.
ndising wrote:Northwestern has also been dragging its feet. I emailed today (April 1st) and they replied that they accept applicants right up to April 14th, 11:59PM, and couldn't give me an idea of when I would receive a decision.

Apparently, 60 seconds is enough time to consider and respond to their offer.
If they accept you on or after 15 April, they will give you some time (approx 1 week) to think and respond. So don't worry about the 60 seconds.

ndising

Post by ndising » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:05 pm

If they accept you on or after 15 April, they will give you some time (approx 1 week) to think and respond. So don't worry about the 60 seconds.
Sure, they might give me an extra week - the problem is that the other schools won't.

kathiravangg

Post by kathiravangg » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:18 am

nik wrote:You know what... I think the best idea is just to stay with whatever you have already got and get rid of all this admission crap! I see, you already got 3 offers, among which, Tennessee Knoxville is probably the best. You should keep the best offer and decline the others because other people are waiting on your denial too! And if you accept any offer before 15 April, you can change your mind and turn down any till 15 April. So, u my wish to consider accepting UTK while u are waiting for Pitt or NCSU.
Exactly ... I am prepared now for Tennessee. I declined the other two offers last month !

I hope Pitt and NCSU will be kind enough and release their decisions at least by 11th April so we could get some reaction time!
:cry: