patent law

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

physicsonastick

patent law

Post by physicsonastick » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:25 pm

does anyone here have any first hand experience in the patent law field? Pros Cons whatever. Let me know.

quizivex

Post by quizivex » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:37 pm

$

mathlete

Post by mathlete » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:57 pm

Law sucks. Seriously. I strongly considered it last year and almost attended, but (thankfully) decided against it.

Unless you REALLY want to do patent law and know 100% what it entails, don't bother. Especially if this is something you're just doing on a whim because you don't know what else to do and that law thing sounds pretty good. And hey, they pay isn't bad, right? Two things you should know: very few lawyers get paid well, only those at top schools have the opportunity (although physics majors tend to do exceptionally well in the admissions process, the LSAT is a piece of cake), and those that do work 80-90 hour weeks.

It's not worth it. Trust me, I'm doing you a favor.