a couple questions

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

physicsonastick

a couple questions

Post by physicsonastick » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:11 pm

Heeeeeeeey Everybody!
So I just found this site and it looks pretty rad.
I was wondering how many of you went to or plan on going to grad school right after finishing your undergrad, and how many went into some sort of industry/job before doing the grad school thing.
I just got my BS in may, traveled for a while, and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life. All the jobs I can find are asking for an MS or PhD. So it seems that going straight back to school is the thing to do. But I know there are entry level physics positions out there. Does anyone know where to find them?
Thanks a lot.

will

Post by will » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:40 pm

The jobs that most physics students get straight out of undergrad are usually entry-level engineering or programming jobs. There really isn't much of a place for people with just a B.S. in actual research programs or labs.

physicsonastick

Post by physicsonastick » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:12 pm

yeah that's what i was figuring. Thanks