Harvard Astronomy anyone?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

betelgeuse

Harvard Astronomy anyone?

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:30 am

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any idea when they are going to contact us and if it's actually already over. I saw that some people were interviewed as early as January, but still there are no official rejections...

any thoughts anyone? thanks!

TakeruK

Re: Harvard Astronomy anyone?

Post by TakeruK » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:42 pm

I am assuming you've seen this: http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=Harvard+astro* ?

When I was rejected from Harvard Astronomy in 2012, the only thing I got was a very nice letter in the mail stating the bad news. I received this letter in the middle of February though. In 2012 (and in other years, including this one), it seems like their acceptances were notified in early February.

So, based on the results search and my past experience, it is probably not going to be good news unfortunately :(. It might be taking you awhile to get your letter in the mail though. Or it might be because you are not yet rejected as they wait to hear back from their top selections!

stengah

Post by stengah » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:37 pm

I just emailed them last night and they responded promptly this morning with a rejection. If you want to know now, just send an email to the department administrator person.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:00 pm

I did, thanks. Well, then Stanford it is.