I only get wait-listed. What do?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

Dwy

I only get wait-listed. What do?

Post by Dwy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi there. I have applied to 10 places and so far it seems I got wait-listed in 4 (2 officially) and rejected by 2.
The thing is... I got wait-listed in a top 10 and in a top 60 program. Sorry, but... wtf?!

I'm posting here because I don't know how to handle this. Should I just wait or is there anything else I could do?

Mmm_Pasta

Re: I only get wait-listed. What do?

Post by Mmm_Pasta » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:17 pm

You should email the universities and tell them to accept you now. Other than that you can go take a walk in the park or play a few rounds of ping pong.

Dwy

Post by Dwy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:51 pm

Mmm_Pasta wrote:You should email the universities and tell them to accept you now. Other than that you can go take a walk in the park or play a few rounds of ping pong.
It was a honest question. Sorry if it came out wrong. It's really frightening to be in this situation, given the uncertainty, and I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience to share or maybe give me some tips.

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:58 am

It ain't over til it's over.