MIT EECS application

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

AEP

MIT EECS application

Post by AEP » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:53 am

"While the deadline has passed, you may still modify some parts of your application by clicking on the links below. However, the admissions committee may have already read your folder, and thus may not see your changes."

What the heck is this?

quizivex

Re: MIT EECS application

Post by quizivex » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:52 pm

I recently applied for a postdoctoral fellowship that worked similarly. It was confusing to me at first also. There was no "submit" button to send in the application once and for all. You just input your formation and it will get seen by whoever logs in as a reviewer.

The "deadline" to apply was 11/1, which meant you must register in the system by 11/1. But the application data was still editable, even after the deadline. I was told the review of applications won't start until 11/8, so any changes made before then would definitely be seen by anyone on the committee who reads the form. The data is still editable now, even though the review process is finished.