URGENT) regarding GRE deadline

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

poel5279

URGENT) regarding GRE deadline

Post by poel5279 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:37 pm

I am applying to Princeton Physics PhD program.
I was scheduled to take the GRE exam this November, but due to complication with my photo id, I could not take it this November. I rescheduled it right away, and took it 12/02/13.
However, I found from Princeton University website that GRE exam needs to be taken before December to be considered.
Do you think my application will not be considered because I took my GRE on 12/02/13?
Please help.

AEP

Re: URGENT) regarding GRE deadline

Post by AEP » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:21 pm

yes
They probably don't care about your general GRE.

poel5279

Post by poel5279 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:43 pm

are you saying don't apply or do apply?

bfollinprm

Post by bfollinprm » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Apply. There's a small chance your application isn't complete by the time they look over applications, but that takes the admissions committee being on their game (most of the time they aren't) and the ETS to be slow in scoring the test (which they normally aren't). Also, you should know your score, so just tell Princeton what it is, they can confirm when the GRE score results are reported.