should I take.....

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

epislon58

should I take.....

Post by epislon58 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:45 am

I want to go to physics grad school and in preparation should I take cm and qm 1 and 2 or just 1? Also instead of 2 I will take grad courses and classes on condensed matter and nuclear physics.

bfollinprm

Re: should I take.....

Post by bfollinprm » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:49 am

...is there no advisement at your school?

I'd imagine QM2 is a good class to take, but we're not the people you should be asking.

twistor

Re: should I take.....

Post by twistor » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Take all 3 of the undergraduate courses you mentioned. Postpone graduate coursework until you have met all the undergraduate physics requirements. Doing some graduate coursework as an undergraduate may look good if you do well, but missing out on basic classes to do it is not worth it in my opinion. You will be more likely to succeed in graduate level courses if you meet all the prerequisites.