GRE Test Cancellation

YAHA

GRE Test Cancellation

Post by YAHA » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:51 pm

I have just received an email from Prometric stating that my General GRE test which is scheduled for tomorrow is cancelled due to "technical difficulties." Ten minutes later they followed up with an email stating that my test has been rescheduled for December 10th.

Most of my applications are due Dec. 15th. Do you think I am in trouble with cutting it so close to the deadline or will the informal reporting on the application do it until the official scores arrive?

Any help is appreciated.

Daquarius

Re: GRE Test Cancellation

Post by Daquarius » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:51 am

You won't get your writing score in time to include; it took me a little under 2 weeks to get my writing score back. If I were you I'd call the testing center and explain your situation.

TakeruK

Post by TakeruK » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:15 pm

Alternatively, you can also contact the Dec 15th deadline schools and let them know what happened too. Most of my schools were willing to take unofficial scores (leave the AW blank for now) until the real score reports came in.

YAHA

Post by YAHA » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:46 pm

I was able to reschedule and take it. However, after reading some admission websites, it appears that some materials such as scores, transcripts and recommendations can trickle in even after the official deadline. So, it wouldn't have been a big deal.