Did anybody apply to Michigan Tech University (Houghton)?

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

Did anybody apply to Michigan Tech University (Houghton)?

Post by 20130710 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Did anybody apply to Michigan Tech University (Houghton)? Is it a good university to apply to? What do you think about it?

blighter

Re: Did anybody apply to Michigan Tech University (Houghton)?

Post by blighter » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:57 pm

I do know a guy who applied there. He still hasn't heard back from them though.

Post by 20130710 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:03 pm

blighter wrote:I do know a guy who applied there. He still hasn't heard back from them though.
I have the same thing) maybe it is too early

blighter

Post by blighter » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:19 pm

ElenaPh wrote:
blighter wrote:I do know a guy who applied there. He still hasn't heard back from them though.
I have the same thing) maybe it is too early
I won't say early. It's already the end of April. Most schools make their decisions in February and March. Even March acceptances are considered kinda late.

Have you applied this year or will you be applying for the next fall?

bfollinprm

Post by bfollinprm » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:58 pm

Do you know if they offer rolling admissions?

Post by 20130710 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am

blighter wrote:I won't say early. It's already the end of April. Most schools make their decisions in February and March. Even March acceptances are considered kinda late.

I applied this year, but I have not taken the GRE General yet, so I think that is the reason why I did not get a reply from them. My application status is incomplete because of it. Besides, there is an information on their site that decisions about assistantships and financial support are usually made in April.
But I am sure I did not get a reply because of GRE General.

blighter

Post by blighter » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:11 am

ElenaPh wrote:
blighter wrote:I won't say early. It's already the end of April. Most schools make their decisions in February and March. Even March acceptances are considered kinda late.

I applied this year, but I have not taken the GRE General yet, so I think that is the reason why I did not get a reply from them. My application status is incomplete because of it. Besides, there is an information on their site that decisions about assistantships and financial support are usually made in April.
That's probably why you haven't heard from them. The department usually doesn't even get to see your application till your application status is complete.

Post by 20130710 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:18 am

blighter wrote:
ElenaPh wrote:

That's probably why you haven't heard from them. The department usually doesn't even get to see your application till your application status is complete.

I thought so. Thanks. Well, I will try again with GRE General

blighter

Post by blighter » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:20 pm

bfollinprm wrote:Do you know if they offer rolling admissions?
I asked my friend and apparently this is the case. They are done with their second round of offers. They'll be making the third round of offers soon.

Post by 20130710 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:36 pm

blighter wrote:
bfollinprm wrote:Do you know if they offer rolling admissions?
I asked my friend and apparently this is the case. They are done with their second round of offers. They'll be making the third round of offers soon.
Could you please let me know when your friend gets a reply from them?

blighter

Post by blighter » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:26 pm

Sure thing. You should contact the department though. Request them to consider your application without General GRE. Do email them your entire application package. They may waive the General GRE requirement. It's not impossible. They do understand that it's sometimes hard for international students to arrange to take all the tests.

Post by 20130710 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:50 pm

blighter wrote:Sure thing. You should contact the department though. Request them to consider your application without General GRE. Do email them your entire application package. They may waive the General GRE requirement. It's not impossible. They do understand that it's sometimes hard for international students to arrange to take all the tests.
I thought of that. I actually wrote them and they told me that GRE General was required.

lordbadri

Post by lordbadri » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:28 am

I have applied. Haven't heard back yet.

They are getting ready for 3rd round of offers so keeping my fingers crossed.