Recommended for Admission - Am I in?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

cutzmanx

Recommended for Admission - Am I in?

Post by cutzmanx » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:25 pm

"We are excited to recommend you for admission to UCLA and will soon forward our recommendation to the Graduate Division for final approval . We are confident that the Graduate Division will approve your admission. "

So I'm in right? I hope so.

hamadahoda007

Re: Recommended for Admission - Am I in?

Post by hamadahoda007 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Yes you are.

cutzmanx

Post by cutzmanx » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Sweet. I'm still nervous about being officially accepted even though they have already offered me a fellowship. Do most schools send recommended acceptances first?

Edit: Also sorry if this is in the wrong place or answered somewhere else, I tried using the search function and only found either "recommendation letters" or "admission" threads.

Robespierre

Post by Robespierre » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:53 pm

Yes, that often happens, because once the Physics Department makes the decision you're basically accepted, but there's the formality of going through the Graduate School Office itself to get the decision officialized.