Urgent Query Regarding Uploading Transcripts

StewieVader

Urgent Query Regarding Uploading Transcripts

Post by StewieVader » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:06 am

I'm applying to a university which requires that I upload a scanned copy of my official transcripts from my institution. However, they also ask me to ensure that the transcript doesn't contain any logos or my picture. Turns out that my transcript contains both. Can anyone please advise me on what to do? Should I just go ahead and send it anyways? Please let me know soon. My application deadline is tomorrow!

quizivex

Re: Urgent Query Regarding Uploading Transcripts

Post by quizivex » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:11 am

So the application says "make sure the transcript doesn't have any photos or logos"... with no indication what to do in the event that it does? Strange

I think the best thing to do is call the university office and ask what to do. If by "due tomorrow" you mean Tuesday, you have plenty of time for that. If you're totally out of time or can't reach them, I suggest covering the picture with a piece of paper and write "picture blocked due to application instructions". Similarly for the logo. Writing that shows you're doing it for the right reason and you're not tampering with the whole transcript. I think that's better than sending it anyway and doing something that was explicitly requested not to do. Though this is just my opinion. I'm just a student.

StewieVader

Post by StewieVader » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:42 am

Thank for your suggestion. I have to send a soft copy of my transcript and I was a little wary about doing any photoshopping. I emailed the admissions chair at the university to see what can be done.

StewieVader

Post by StewieVader » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:07 pm

For future reference, the admissions person advised me to disregard their instructions and submit my transcripts as they are. This was in fact Stony Brook's application.