canceling my PGRE free score reports

johnhero2010

canceling my PGRE free score reports

Post by johnhero2010 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:03 am

Can I cancel sending my free score reports after knowing my scores by phone?
P.S: I sent ETS the same question and waiting for an answer and thought it would be helpful to share the question and even the answer with u

Tom Joad

Re: canceling my PGRE free score reports

Post by Tom Joad » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Well I'm pretty sure they have already mailed the score reports so you may be out of luck. You can check by logging into your account on the GRE website, going to "View Scores and Score Recipients," and scrolling down to the bottom where they list the report date. If there's a date and not "pending" then the score reports have already been sent.

Minovsky

Post by Minovsky » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:34 pm

WTF? ETS sent my scores on the 10th. They sent them three days before they let see them.

Jerks.

johnhero2010

Post by johnhero2010 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:11 am

sorry Tom, I didn't make myself clear
I was talking about scores for the Nov test which I took
I meant can I cancel sending the scores once I know them by phone which will be in the Dec 10 th?
or should I try to cancel them now with ETS without knowing my score?

Tom Joad

Post by Tom Joad » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:55 am

Oh, sorry for misunderstanding. For October test they sent the scores out on the same day as scores were available by phone so there's a good chance the same will happen for the November test, and then you're out of luck again. I have no idea if ETS will actually agree to cancel the mailing of your scores before then, however.

Are you convinced that you did significantly worse?

johnhero2010

Post by johnhero2010 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:32 am

Tom Joad wrote: Are you convinced that you did significantly worse?
Unfortunately yes. Besides iam an international student and iam supposed to have stellar scores compared to domestic

blighter

Post by blighter » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:45 pm

johnhero2010 wrote:
Unfortunately yes. Besides iam an international student and iam supposed to have stellar scores compared to domestic
You should have cancelled your scores at the exam. But your situation might still be salvageable. Try contacting ETS.

johnhero2010

Post by johnhero2010 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:35 am

blighter wrote:
johnhero2010 wrote:
You should have cancelled your scores at the exam. But your situation might still be salvageable. Try contacting ETS.
I am and they asked for full information about my account and case so that they can answer my question

johnhero2010

Post by johnhero2010 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:29 am

ETS replied as follow:
ETS wrote: Regarding your inquiry:

To add, delete, correct, or change the GRE® score recipients you designated during registration, indicate the changes on the correction stub attached to your admission ticket and mail or fax it to ETS. The correction stub must be received by ETS no later than the Friday before the test date for which you are registered. The mailing address and fax number are listed below. You may also email your corrections to gre-info@ets.org."
and my reply is:
Are you stupid or what?