Anyone get their October scores yet?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

armft

Anyone get their October scores yet?

Post by armft » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:32 am

I've noticed there have been a few posts lately with physics gre scores. Has anyone got theirs from the October test? I so totally do not want to take the test again this weekend, but I have to see my score before I can cut out.

quizivex

Post by quizivex » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:03 am

Not yet, I've called once per day since Sunday and it always says they're unavailable. I think the recent posts are referring to last year's tests or this year's April test.

I was in the same situation, wanting to see the scores early enough so I could decide whether or not I needed to take the November test. However, because I thought I did at least OK, I canceled the Nov test since I just don't want to deal with it.

I checked posts from last year, and on one occasion, I saw a student list his scores 5 days before the ETS website said they would be available. The student claims he had been calling every day beforehand. So since the website says the October scores should be available on November 7, I'm hoping we'll get them this Friday, 11/2 at the latest.

Unfortunately, that'd give you less than 24 hours to study for the November test if you decide you need to take it :( Gotta love ETS.

vicente

Post by vicente » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:23 am

Do they charge you even when the scores arent available?

I thought that you had to pay to access the score hotline.

armft

Post by armft » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:18 am

You don't have to pay until your score is available. Otherwise, they just tell you its not ready.

vicente

Post by vicente » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:22 pm

Just called today at 4:55pm eastern time, no scores yet. Bad news if you were trying to make a decision on whether to take the November one.

armft

Post by armft » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:11 am

I just called and its telling me my scores are up. I haven't paid yet, so we'll see.

antithesis

Got mine

Post by antithesis » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:46 am

Called in today and mine were up. Since I live in Canada, I didn't want to wait for the score to get here.

Got an 810, which was 77%. I'm a bit disappointed, thought I wrote a good test, was hoping for high 800's. I'm also annoyed that they didn't provide any additional information (raw score or # of questions answered).

Now I gotta close out the list of where I'm applying.