Bad CGPA

aruphysics

Bad CGPA

Post by aruphysics » Sun May 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi , i'm newly registered . can anyone suggest me some universities for grad ?
my cgpa is real bad around 2.7

microacg

Re: Bad CGPA

Post by microacg » Sun May 20, 2012 5:51 pm

It takes a lot more work/writing on your part before we can even begin to try to help you. The only advice I can think of so far is to aim for the more lowly ranked schools (which you should already be researching).

intellectualwanderer

Post by intellectualwanderer » Mon May 21, 2012 7:16 pm

Did you do REALLY badly freshman year, but turned it around later? Did you change majors or something? If so, than maybe you have a shot(I REALLY hope so....)

TakeruK

Post by TakeruK » Tue May 22, 2012 10:41 am

To know whether you actually have a shot or not, more details would be needed, and even then it would be hard to say for sure! Such a low GPA is a big flag though that your physics understanding may not be strong enough for graduate work. However, there could be lots of reasons why your GPA is so low but you could still have a strong understanding of physics (for example, learning disabilities that makes you do badly on tests but still know the concepts). Grad school is more than just GPA though, so a strong research record and GRE scores could help too. But maybe you don't want to share these things with strangers -- if not, you could also try talking to a faculty member at your school that you do feel comfortable talking to. I found that I received a lot of useful grad school guidance from the faculty!