PLEASE HELP ME I AM IN A DILEMMA!!!!!!

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

srivatsa91

PLEASE HELP ME I AM IN A DILEMMA!!!!!!

Post by srivatsa91 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi,

Guys,let me explain to you my situation well and your advice should truly help me..

I am an engg undergrad(electronics) and I want to switch over to physics once I am done with mt degree...

I have managed to study physics alongside and I have good Resnick Physics knowledge and bit of classical phy,quantum,electrodynamics etc(qm and em from griffiths)..

I HAVE NOT TAKEN ANY OF THE ONLINE TESTS(PLZ LET ME KNOW IF I CAN GET THOSE ONLINE FOR FREE)

NOW,I AM IN A BIG DILEMMA WHETHER TO TAKE THE TEST THIS OCT/NOV (I MEAN WILL IT BE POSSIBLE WITH WHAT PREREQUISITES I HAVE) or should I try for the next april test(2013) in which case Ill not be able to go by fall!!!!

WHAT EXACTLY WILL BE BEST FOR ME TO DO IF I HAVE TO GET A GOOD SCORE THIS OCT/NOV...I AM ALSO DOING A RESEARCH PROJECT(QUANTUM HALL EFFECT UNDER A PROF(PHD PRINCETON))....

PLZ SUGGEST ME SOME GOOD BOOKS TO START OFF RIGHT AWAY.......

WILL BE VERY HAPPY IF YOU CAN GUIDE ME....THANK YOU SO MUCH :)

grae313

Re: PLEASE HELP ME I AM IN A DILEMMA!!!!!!

Post by grae313 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:09 pm

STOP SHOUTING IT IS VERY RUDE

To start in fall '13 you must take the physics GRE in Nov or Dec of '12. Your scores may not arrive before the application deadlines but this is completely normal and expected. You will update your applications with your scores once they arrive. Many students take the test without having had all the prerequisites. You just have to do as best you can.

For free online sample tests and links to good study materials, please look around this forum and subforums where relevant threads are stickied. You will find posted links to everything you need.