Confirmations for Nov. 3 test?

sirjetpackbob

Confirmations for Nov. 3 test?

Post by sirjetpackbob » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:03 pm

Has anyone gotten a confirmation for the November 3rd test yet? I signed up way back in August and it says I should have gotten a confirmation within 3 weeks. I got a practice test booklet in the mail from ETS but nothing else.

Also, I when I signed up, I didn't list any schools for ETS to send my scores to, because at that time I had no idea where I wanted to apply. Anyone know if there's a way to go back and add them? Or am I out of luck getting scores sent for free?

phantom

Post by phantom » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:09 pm

hi sirjetpackbob,

i signed up for November 3rd only in the mid-September and received my confirmation letter within 2 weeks... you should call them and ask where your confirmation letter is. I actually wrote down the phone number in case I don't receive within 3 weeks, so if you don't have this number, you can definitely try and call them at: 1-866-473-4373.
Also, in my confirmation letter it's said that if you want to add a score recipient, then you should go to http://www.ets.org/gre/stupubs.html and enter there the institution's code number.
Good luck!
Have you started studying already? I did some review over the summer, but now I don't even know what's the best way to study since my only free time is pretty much on the weekends.

sirjetpackbob

Post by sirjetpackbob » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:07 am

I gave ETS a call and they said I am registered and should receive my letter within a month. I'm not sure if they are just late getting them out around here (none of my other friends have gotten theirs either).

I've been studying all quarter. I had friends who took the GRE last year so I knew how much it was going to suck. After they cancelled the Dec. test date and forced me to study during the academic quarter, I decided it would be best to plan a solid 6 hours into my weekly schedule for just studying, while also using time on Saturdays to take practice tests. Even with all that, I still don't feel very prepared. We don't take stat mech or solid state until later in our senior year, so I'm completely lost on any of those questions. And I'm still working on my memorization of the other subjects - almost all physics classes here allow for an equation sheet and calculator.

phantom

Post by phantom » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:09 pm

hi again,
you know, it's fonny, but i'm kind of in a similar boat... most of my upper-level courses don't require to memorize all of the equations, so now i'm trying to cram into my head all the relevant formulas...
i haven't had stat mech myself... so i'm not sure yet what i need to know from that field... could you recommend some material that i definitely need to know for the test?
hope you get your confirmation letter soon...