Whe speed is irrelevant in uniform motions.

• Imagine you are sipping tea or coffee while discussing various issues with a broad and diverse network of students, colleagues, and friends brought together by the common bond of physics, graduate school, and the physics GRE.

nuimshaan

Whe speed is irrelevant in uniform motions.

Post by nuimshaan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:10 am

Here it is guys....the BIG FISH.

For any given object moving in uniform motion...time will be experienced the same regardless of the speed which that reference frame is moving.

The people in a jumbo jet can get up, and walk and talk and eat, and experience time exactly the same as people on the ground.

No matter how fast the jumbo jet is moving...as long as it is moving in uniform motion...The length of the flight experienced by the passengers is exactly the same as the length of time witnessed by the observers.

While two different ships are moving through space with different velocities, but both moving in uniform motion...both pilots can put their ships on autopilot...

They can take a fifteen minute break...grab something to eat, use the bathroom, etc.

Isn't that amazing when you know that one reference frame is moving at superluminal speeds, and the other is doing about 400mph!!!

Like, even if those ships passed by each other at the same time the pilots were taking their fifteen minute breaks.....I can sit here with my super duper binoculars and watch them both take their fifteen minute breaks.

Time is not dilated because of speed.

I have just proven that.

Time does not dilate at any speed.

I have just proven that.

Any object moving in uniform motion will experience time the same as any other object moving in uniform motion at the same time...

Regardless of speed.

Different pilots from different ships experience the same fifteen minute breaks, because all of their ships are moving in uniform motion...even though they are moving at different SPEEDS.

Time does not dilate at any SPEED.

Regardless of speed, independent objects with trajectory that is uniform in motion...experience TIME the SAME. TIME does NOT dilate for those objects with separate reference frames in uniform motion. No matter if the speed is superluminal...while moving in uniform motion...all objects experience time the same...all pilots can get up and walk around the ship, I wouldn't even know if my house were cruising through space real fast....it is...but I experience time the same as someone cruising in a ship going much faster...because they both cruise so smooth man...

Therefore; Einstein has been sacked, because he disproved himself. His examples of trains and passengers vs. observers did him in. On one hand he says time will slow down for one observer and not the other. And on the other hand he says that if both are in uniform motion, they experience being able to move around as if they weren't moving at all...just like the observers on the ground...and time would not slow down for either of them...if a passenger had to use the bathroom and it took 3 minutes...and if an observer had to use the bathroom, and it took 3 minutes...both would experience it taking 3 minutes...regardless of SPEED!!! Even though one reference frame was moving at 60mph (passengers), and another reference frame was stationary on the ground (observers)...as long as the train was moving in uniform motion...the passengers would not know they were moving...and would experience time WITHOUT dilation...just the same would be experienced for the observers...because they are in uniform motion which is stationary.

He contradicted himself.

You don't know how fast your going while moving in uniform motion...you just experience time normally, like anyone walking, standing, or sitting on the ground.

He admits time does not dilate...you think an hour of the trip has gone by...and it has...you were staring at your watch the whole time...you were moving in uniform motion...you didn't even know you were sitting in your house...I mean sitting in a starship doing warp 12 towards Taledec9...speed does not dilate time.

But then he says that time will dilate if the ship is moving fast enough...but admits the passengers won't experience it, neither will their watches, because the ship is moving in uniform motion. He admits that the aging process of the passengers does not change...they experience being able to walk and move around like they were on the ground, and experience time going by the same as if they were on the ground.

So he contradicted himself.

Nuimshaan.

grae313

Re: Whe speed is irrelevant in uniform motions.

Post by grae313 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:51 pm

nuimshaan wrote:Time is not dilated because of speed.

I have just proven that.

Time does not dilate at any speed.

I have just proven that.
Love this guy. :lol:
Great entertainment with my morning coffee, thanks.

negru

Post by negru » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:31 pm

No numishaan, here you're actually wrong. Einstein claimed,as you, that proper time is indeed invariant. He wasn't wrong, but you proved this result much more elegantly. Einstein just had a hard time expressing himself, always getting tangled up and confused by useless maths, which you beautifully manage to avoid by using pure reason and logic. Your clever example of spacemen going to the bathroom was quite helpful as well. That's real science - not asking abstract and confusing questions, but outcomes of real, practical experiments. Not like how dumb einstein asked "what happens if i ride a ray of light?" dumb. How the hell could anyone do that anyway. You can't sit on light bwahaha. But your thought experiment is much more sensible i think. We could go ask astronauts to do that right now and prove your hypothesis. But ride a ray of light? Hahaha i don't think so mr einstein :))

nuimshaan

Post by nuimshaan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:46 pm

So could we then say that a hypothetical astronaut riding a ray of light? And use what is proven to conclude what will happen? If the only variant is speed...and if speed is irrelevant, especially in uniform motion...everything sees time go by normally because they don't even know they are moving...until they look out the window...

Since we know for sure what happens at speeds way less than a light ray...and we know for sure what happens if the ray is moving in uniform motion no matter how fast it's moving...then you get what I'm saying.

It doesn't matter if the astronaut rode a ray of light or unobtainium rays....it doesn't matter how fast, because as long as it's in a uniform motion...the astronaut will experience time just like you and I, because his body is in uniform motion with the rays...and he can take that fifteen minute break if the ray is big enough to..

That's why I say there exists no Time dilation because of speed. The speed is unrealized whilst the astronaut rides in a ship moving in uniform motion. Has no effect on anything...does not effect his ability to use the bathroom or anything. No matter how fast. We know this to be true because we plains, trains, and automobiles. And we understand what is meant by uniform motion.

Therefore; time does not dilate at light (speed).

Neither does time dilate at any speed greater than light.

If you ride in a ship moving greater than the speed of light...but flying straight..neither hitting the brakes, or gas...moving through space in uniform motion...you can in fact get up and move around, and you do experience time the same as people on the ground. Regardless of where you are in space...your location means nothing.

If you completely understand why I am explaining this phenomena so much...you will understand what it's implications are.

This means the speed of light has absolutely nothing to do with time travel at all.

You will not experience it, the observer will not experience it, and the ship will not experience it either...while it moves in uniform motion...everybody agrees...a fifteen minute break in flight, or a fifteen minute break on the ground take the same fifteen minutes...no matter where you're located. Or how fast your moving.

Nuimshaan.

nuimshaan

Post by nuimshaan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:02 pm

Is Negru really saying this:

"No numishaan, here you're actually wrong. Einstein claimed,as you, that proper time is indeed invariant."

Did you forget it was Einstein who came up with the theory of "time dilation". I don't think you realize he did.

He said time would vary...I said it would not.

He said time would slow down...I said it would not.

So are you saying he said both? Like one day he said you cannot change the rate at which you experience time.....

But then came back and said...."i was wrong, you can change how fast time goes by....you just have to move something at the speed of light...like you have to make it move real fast...then time slows down.."

You'll have to clarify that one for me Negru...I don't understand you.

I'm saying there exists no mathematical proofs, or formulas for time dilation, or "contractions", or "transformations"...because time is invariant. Speed is irrelevant for uniform motion. Therefore; any formulas or proofs saying otherwise are made up....fake, false, and just plain bad math, or no math at all. No matter who they are.

Nuimshaan

nuimshaan

Post by nuimshaan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:12 pm

I think I'll publish my last two posts to the general public and potential students interested in physics and science...

That Nuimshaan said a fifteen minute break in flight takes the same fifteen minutes on the ground...because both are moving in uniform motion with the object moving in uniform motion...

And that Einstein's time dilation theory has been proven to be false, and all math related to it. Because no matter how the objects are moving...the fifteen minute break will take the same fifteen minutes because both are moving in uniform motion and the SPEED IS UNREALIZED.

Thank you,

Nuimshaan.

negru

Post by negru » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:55 pm

nuimshaan wrote: So are you saying he said both? Like one day he said you cannot change the rate at which you experience time.....

Nuimshaan
Like I said, he was a deeply troubled and confused man..

negru

Post by negru » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:16 am

nuimshaan wrote:I think I'll publish my last two posts to the general public and potential students interested in physics and science...

That Nuimshaan said a fifteen minute break in flight takes the same fifteen minutes on the ground...because both are moving in uniform motion with the object moving in uniform motion...

And that Einstein's time dilation theory has been proven to be false, and all math related to it. Because no matter how the objects are moving...the fifteen minute break will take the same fifteen minutes because both are moving in uniform motion and the SPEED IS UNREALIZED.

Thank you,

Nuimshaan.
Yes this is a great idea! But let me warn you: people won't believe you, they'll laugh at you. DON"T mind them. Your arguments are completely correct. I went over them a few times, there is no flaw. But people are very stubborn, and stupid! They've been taught to think like sheep, and will not easily want to admit that they're wrong and you're right. But just keep doing it! Never stop! People have to know, and eventually they will recognize that you are correct. Good luck!

midwestphysics

Post by midwestphysics » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:38 am

negru wrote:they'll laugh at you
Let me start it off..... :lol: However, he is right about some stuff and that is the funniest part. For instance...
nuimshaan wrote:if a passenger had to use the bathroom and it took 3 minutes...and if an observer had to use the bathroom, and it took 3 minutes...both would experience it taking 3 minutes...regardless of SPEED!!!
Of course they would, they are the object within the reference frame @#$. They only observe time dilation when observing each other with respect to their own frame. That's the simplest part of the concept!

nuimshaan

Post by nuimshaan » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:15 am

Now you get me...they only "perceive" the object is moving slow because it is so far away....like when you watch a jumbo jet fly into the clouds...it looks like they are flying slow...but that's only because the jet is so far away from you...and you are viewing a lot of distance in the air at once.

This has nothing to do with time dilation. There is no such thing as a physical time dilation...it is only something we experience because we are looking at something so far away it looks like it is moving slow...in fact it is moving quite fast, just traveling a long distance.

The time for both the object and the observer is not dilated...it just looks like the jet is flying slow, because it is traversing a long distance, and you are viewing it from far away. If you were standing 100 feet away from it as it passed by in the sky...it would look like it was flying real fast!

This phenomena has been understood way before Einstein came along....We also know for sure, that no new physics laws come into play if the jet were flying super fast...it would just look like the jet were moving fast, even though it was so far away...like a shooting star scenario.

In neither the jumbo jet scenario or the shooting star scenario do we experience "time dilation".

And nothing new will happen for a shooting star moving even faster...we know for sure we will only see a tracer of it. No time dilation. The speed of the shooting star did not allow it to stay in one location longer.....the speed of the shooting star also didn't allow it to defy time.

In all honesty I believe shooting stars are moving quite faster than the speed of light. I think they are further away than the sun is from the Earth. If light takes 8 seconds to reach us from the sun...but a shooting star can pass by in less than two seconds...Then we know what will happen at superluminal speeds. No time dilation.

That shooting star will only travel a great distance in a small amount of time. There will be no time dilation in the physical realm at all...this is only a phenomena of human perception of moving objects with varying distances. And this is nothing new to man.

Nuimshaan

nuimshaan

Post by nuimshaan » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:31 am

I used to ask scientists to entertain achieving light speed travel, but wonder if they would get "time bubble residue" on the ship because of "time dilation". Like ekto plasm or something...

Just from breaking a speed record, all of a sudden you have some goo dripping off you, and you look like you haven't aged a bit right?

nuimshaan

Post by nuimshaan » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:37 am

Otherwise, no new physics phenomena will happen because of speed. It may appear like something different happened...but it's just you seeing the object from really far away. No time travel because of it's speed. Therefore no time dilation. Only a perception phenomena because of eyesight.

theObeast

Post by theObeast » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:04 am

nuimshaan wrote: Just from breaking a speed record, all of a sudden you have some goo dripping off you
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

nuimshaan

Post by nuimshaan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:06 am

Took my skimmer out for a spin the other day. Same one I got third place in last year. Fresh coat of wax and she's as fast as ever. Slapped a piece of grip tape on my bro's skimmer back in 2022 to mess with him.

I remember the day Acme delivered my skimmer like it was yesterday.

Took her out of the box, cranked her up...she floated off the ground going ddddddddddddddddddd. Climbed on the hood...jumped up and down a couple of times. I knew she was made good. Hopped in the seat, floored her and woke up going...what the !@#$ just happened? I had drool stuck to the side of my cheek all the way back to my ear...

She's fast. Very fast.

midwestphysics

Post by midwestphysics » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:54 am

nuimshaan wrote:Took my skimmer out for a spin the other day. Same one I got third place in last year. Fresh coat of wax and she's as fast as ever. Slapped a piece of grip tape on my bro's skimmer back in 2022 to mess with him.

I remember the day Acme delivered my skimmer like it was yesterday.

Took her out of the box, cranked her up...she floated off the ground going ddddddddddddddddddd. Climbed on the hood...jumped up and down a couple of times. I knew she was made good. Hopped in the seat, floored her and woke up going...what the !@#$ just happened? I had drool stuck to the side of my cheek all the way back to my ear...

She's fast. Very fast.
In the immortal words of Rick James, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug"

nuimshaan

Post by nuimshaan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:31 pm

With the immortal words of Nuimshaan..."and there is water at the bottom of the ocean!"

nuimshaan

Post by nuimshaan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:33 pm

Beneath the water there is water, and the creature that moves...moves...leaving a shining path as he moves...moves...