one bad semester... and after

questionmark

one bad semester... and after

Post by questionmark » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:43 pm

hi,
i am new to the forum, and i know most of you probably have stellar gpa, so i need an advice. i had a rough sophomore year, and my second semester soph gpa is pretty bad... but i did awesome in my junior/senior year, and my overall (physics) gpa is around 3.5. i also audited two grad school courses and took 400-level math courses, which i also aced. i have a 950 pgre score. would that make up for my bad semester? i really want to be able to apply to top physics schools. please be a little easy on me, i am new to the forum.

pqortic

Re: one bad semester... and after

Post by pqortic » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:20 pm

your overall gpa is well high enough and your pgre is spectacular. so don't worry about your grades in sophomore. if you search the forum and look at other topics in this subforum you can find out that the grades from the first two years of undergrad are not important for grad school admission.

questionmark

Post by questionmark » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:44 pm

hi,
thank you for your reply. i didnt know you could search the forum.. haha sorry for a dumb thread

asdfuogh

Post by asdfuogh » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:50 pm

You should look in the profiles section. In any case, you beat me out in the PGRE, and we have the same GPA apparently. So if you find anything bad to say about your profile, please don't repeat it because you'll make me feel like crap :(.