How accurate are the physicsgreprep.com exams?

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

AquaLaventry

How accurate are the physicsgreprep.com exams?

Post by AquaLaventry » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:28 am

In terms of how well they correspond with the actual exam.

midwestphysics

Re: How accurate are the physicsgreprep.com exams?

Post by midwestphysics » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:48 am

AquaLaventry wrote:In terms of how well they correspond with the actual exam.
There are 5 actual old PGRE exams, 86, 92, 96, 01, and the relatively recently released 08. More than enough sample exams, don't waste your time or take the risk on anything else in terms of samples.

YF17A

Post by YF17A » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:06 am

I'd respectfully like to disagree - the site the OP refers to is my site, the one I mentioned on this forum back in the summer, and we have gone to great lengths to make our exams as close as possible to the ones which are now being given by ETS. Most people on this forum will agree that the older tests (86, 92, and 96) are far from representative, and we've already had some very positive feedback from people who took the October test, saying that we nailed the distribution of content and managed to get quite close to replicating actual test questions.

Unless you've actually looked at our exams, don't post misleading information. We're not the Purple Book.

AquaLaventry

Post by AquaLaventry » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:00 am

The first of the exams was REALLY hard though (and several people agreed with me on that). Would you say that the 2nd and 3rd are more representative?

Also - are you able to post subject reviews for the other two subjects on Friday so that we could review them just before the test? Thanks!

wavicle

Post by wavicle » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:17 pm

Never even heard of it. Get some SEO. Should be able to outsource it these days very cheaply

DanMarcy

Post by DanMarcy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:57 pm

AquaLaventry wrote:The first of the exams was REALLY hard though
You won't do extremely well on the GRE unless you overtrain. I thought these tests were extremely useful, to tell you the truth. My only regret is that I had not used them prior to the October test. What can you do?

CurseTheseFactorsOf2

Post by CurseTheseFactorsOf2 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:28 pm

wavicle wrote:Never even heard of it. Get some SEO. Should be able to outsource it these days very cheaply
Seconded. Don't even outsource it, this is a super non-competitive search field. Google SEO if you're not familiar, then use Google Keywords Tool @ https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/ ... earch.none

Most people will find your product through online search, no reason you shouldn't be the top result for pretty much all relevant queries.