Cancelling Scores

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

phrygian777

Cancelling Scores

Post by phrygian777 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:31 pm

If I take the physics GRE in October, decide to cancel the scores, and then take it again in November, will there be any record of me taking the test and cancelling my scores in October when I send my November results to schools?

quizivex

Re: Cancelling Scores

Post by quizivex » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:21 pm

Nope, I'm pretty sure your record will be clean. I canceled a GRE general test and there was no record of it on future reports. This still seems to be the rule according to this website:

http://www.ets.org/gre/subject/faq/

IMO it's a great idea to register for bother the October and November tests and do what you're planning. I did this and it felt a little bit less stressful in October knowing I'd have another opportunity if it was a disaster... but I didn't need it. So I canceled the November test and got half the $ back.

Minovsky

Re: Cancelling Scores

Post by Minovsky » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:37 am

A word on the revised general test: cancelled test scores will show up on future reports. There will be no scores associated with them, but it will indicate that you took the test and cancelled your score.