Application fees payment concerns

siroy.sam

Application fees payment concerns

Post by siroy.sam » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:07 am

Hi,

I would like to know if I can use Visa powered debit card (issued by Indian banks) for university application fees payment. Most of the US university sites mention that one can use credit card for online fees payment.However, I am concerned if I can use my existing debit card for the fees payment so that I can avoid the hassles of applying credit card from the banks. With my existing debit card, I am able to register for TOEFL and GRE test at ETS websites. Then, why can't I use my debit cards ( issued by Bank or Baroda or State Bank of India) for the application fees payment?

Regards,

Siroy

bfollinprm

Re: Application fees payment concerns

Post by bfollinprm » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:56 pm

Debit cards can be used in credit transactions in the united states. I know a US-issued card will work, and I would guess a visa card from any country will work just as well.

siroy.sam

Post by siroy.sam » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:46 am

Thanks for your information. Any comments from international applicants?

satyad18

Post by satyad18 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:51 am

siroy.sam wrote:Hi,

I would like to know if I can use Visa powered debit card (issued by Indian banks) for university application fees payment. Most of the US university sites mention that one can use credit card for online fees payment.However, I am concerned if I can use my existing debit card for the fees payment so that I can avoid the hassles of applying credit card from the banks. With my existing debit card, I am able to register for TOEFL and GRE test at ETS websites. Then, why can't I use my debit cards ( issued by Bank or Baroda or State Bank of India) for the application fees payment?

Regards,

Siroy
siroy.sam wrote:Thanks for your information. Any comments from international applicants?
You cannot use your usual SBI debit card which you use for your ATMs. I had to get a SBI master card, especially for this purpose. You can get a credit/debit card, I think.

negru

Post by negru » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:39 pm

you can give me the money and ill pay for you