Non-official PGRE test, need an assistance

physicsworks

Non-official PGRE test, need an assistance

Post by physicsworks » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:13 am

I want to create a list of problems for the PGRE preparation (for practicing on PGRE questions beyond the official material). I have some experience in inventing problems for various kinds of physics olympiads and know the structure of the test very well.
The first problem is my English. It's not my native tongue, so there can be mistakes in the text. Therefore, I need someone whose English is excellent (native speaker, primarily) and who can correct what I have typed on computer.
Second, I'm looking for a person who can help me with the determination wether the problem in question is suitable for the PGRE or not (maybe, the same person, but not necessarily).

Problems will be prepared in $$\LaTeX$$. The first goal is to create one full test with 100 questions in accordance with official "Content of the Physics Test" to imitate the real PGRE. This work is planned to be finished by the middle of July. The test will be distributed freely.

Does anyone want to help me with this? :)
Last edited by physicsworks on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

HappyQuark

Re: Non-official PGRE test, need an assistance

Post by HappyQuark » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:11 am

physicsworks wrote:I want to create a list of problems for the PGRE preparation (for practicing on PGRE questions beyond the official material). I have some experience in inventing problems for various kinds of physics olympiads and know the structure of the test very well.
The first problem is my English. It's not my native tongue, so there can be mistakes in the text. Therefore, I need someone whose English is excellent (native speaker, primarily) and who can correct what I have typed on computer.
Second, I'm looking for a person who can help me with the determination wether the problem in question is suitable for the PGRE or not (maybe, the same person, but not necessarily).

Problems will be prepared in $$\LaTeX$$. The first goal is to create one full test with 100 questions in accordance with official "Content of the Physics Test" to imitate the real PGRE. This work is planned to be finished by the middle of July. The test will be distributed freely.

Does anyone want to help me with this? :)
Sounds like a fool's errand to me. The 4 existing practice exams plus all of the textbooks I used proved to be more than enough to keep me busy. Since you have no affiliation with ETS and very little experience with constructing this type of test (after all it takes ETS a panel of physicists and a multi review process to construct theirs) your attempt will almost certainly be amateurish and viewed as such. If you decide to proceed then I'll wish you good luck.

physicsworks

Post by physicsworks » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:18 am

deleted
Last edited by physicsworks on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

grae313

Post by grae313 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:22 pm

User-created problems have been posted before with good reception. I think more GRE style multiple-choice questions will always be welcome. If you post your questions, users here will give you feedback.