Do grad schools look at your results in the last semester?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

clare1068

Do grad schools look at your results in the last semester?

Post by clare1068 » Fri May 20, 2011 4:15 am

Hi I am curious if your graduate school will look at your academic results (and alter their admission decision :x !?) of the last semester even if you've already accepted its offer. Does anyone (esp. the grad students) know? :)

admissionprof

Re: Do grad schools look at your results in the last semester?

Post by admissionprof » Fri May 20, 2011 5:38 am

clare1068 wrote:Hi I am curious if your graduate school will look at your academic results (and alter their admission decision :x !?) of the last semester even if you've already accepted its offer. Does anyone (esp. the grad students) know? :)
No. The only condition of the acceptance is that the student receive a degree. So if you do very badly and don't graduate, then the acceptance can be withdrawn. I suppose some acceptance letters might make a statement about the final semester grades, but I've never seen one.