Back in Time and remembering one Past Member

• Imagine you are sipping tea or coffee while discussing various issues with a broad and diverse network of students, colleagues, and friends brought together by the common bond of physics, graduate school, and the physics GRE.

sphy

Back in Time and remembering one Past Member

Post by sphy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Well, the other day I was browsing our forum and I went back back back in time when this forum was relatively new and authors here used to compete with each other to surpass the no of posts. And there developed a strong interaction among some forum members who are still online now showing there face, guiding us in our way through these tough times in our lives. But one thing made me think that every body after some time missed some one. Some one who was really special. One who used to "think" like us, used to use the word "Fcuk" in the forums, used to "laugh" at some posts, used to "rant" over ETS being so Non Profit in their business, used to "cater" help to the needy ones, used to "console" the grievance ones and used to do "other" things which created a bond, a covalent bond among the forum members.

But then all of a sudden, out of nothing that Author was no more in our forum, and every contemporary users shed tears over the author's absence, some bade farewell to the author. After leaving the forum somebody (nobody knows who?) changed the name of the author from all the posts from the original "RG" to the dubious "cancelled20080417". And I feel for the author now. :(

Who was "RG" ? Could any old users like quizivex,twistor, grae313 etc share this to us please?
Oh no! I can't take this anymore.

grae313

Re: Back in Time and remembering one Past Member

Post by grae313 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:15 pm

RG was the baddest *** around. The guy was hilarious. Then a bunch of girls came on here and got their panties in a wad, saying his posts offended their delicate sensibilities and made it a hostile environment for women. He was so upset that people were taking his posts that way and that he was causing people to feel badly that he canceled his account and never came back :'(

WhoaNonstop

Post by WhoaNonstop » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:41 pm

grae313 wrote:RG was the baddest *** around. The guy was hilarious. Then a bunch of girls came on here and got their panties in a wad, saying his posts offended their delicate sensibilities and made it a hostile environment for women. He was so upset that people were taking his posts that way and that he was causing people to feel badly that he canceled his account and never came back :'(
He then made a new account called 'whoanonstop'.

What do you think the R in RG stands for?

-Riley

HappyQuark

Post by HappyQuark » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:35 pm

WhoaNonstop wrote:
grae313 wrote:RG was the baddest *** around. The guy was hilarious. Then a bunch of girls came on here and got their panties in a wad, saying his posts offended their delicate sensibilities and made it a hostile environment for women. He was so upset that people were taking his posts that way and that he was causing people to feel badly that he canceled his account and never came back :'(

-Riley
Rambunctious!

sphy

Post by sphy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:44 am

He made a hostile environment here for girls? I am :shock:

sphy

Post by sphy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:48 am

HappyQuark wrote:
WhoaNonstop wrote:

-Riley
Rambunctious!
And Gadfly!

bfollinprm

Post by bfollinprm » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:58 am

WhoaNonstop wrote:

-Riley
Come on Riley. You don't see me going around calling myself Jesus.

HappyQuark

Post by HappyQuark » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:21 am

bfollinprm wrote:
WhoaNonstop wrote:

-Riley
Come on Riley. You don't see me going around calling myself Jesus.
To be fair, the only reason you don't do that is because I am Jesus and you know I'd call you out on it.

tradster

Post by tradster » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:28 am

HappyQuark wrote: To be fair, the only reason you don't do that is because I am Jesus and you know I'd call you out on it.
Jesus fuccking Christ! If I start praying to you everyday, are you going to get me into Hahvahd?

quizivex

Post by quizivex » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:48 pm

RG rocked. He was the greatest. I think he was the reason PGRE.com developed into more of a community than just a question-answer forum. IMO the transition started on this thread when garden made his epic post and then RG and the rest of us started joking around about it. From then on, we were having fun discussions every day.

Lemme try to find a few of RG's classic lines:
RG wrote:my research group will focus on how to cultivate weeds and also design and run experiments that will allow us to distinguish several kinds based on thier smell, taste etc.
( hahahahaah, alrite, people, I am NOT weedoholic and have tried ONLY once when I was home last summer)
RG, directed at grae313 wrote:when I was reading your post where you called doom a twat, I was laughing my ass off and drinking water at the same time and I spilled water everywhere on me and all over the floor.

I jus love that sound,,, 'twat'
( doom, don get me wrong here. I am jus talking about the word twat only)
Phoenix's bitter feud with RG
RG wrote:vroomfondel:ur username is really so funny! I cant help it, so I just said, sorry!
RG was international so sometimes his posts were incoherent... he'd just laugh at himself and keep going...
RG wrote:physicsdude,
so you kissed a brown ass (after washing Your face) to go to the Ivy for ur undergrad? how many did you kiss?
EDIT : I added that Y after fermiboy noticed my incoherent post and started laughing. hahhaa
RG wrote:EDIT: I know, my post does not make any sense. sorry
RG wrote:you gotta *** a girl to prove your manhood (I just could not find better wording for this sentence, i hope I din offend anybody) and if you want to prove that you r a stron man, yo gotta go to the gym, lift some weight! if you want more, fly to Amsterdam for marijuana, and all other varieties of weeds. Drinking red label aint anything. Last night I made a lil puppy drink tequilla, hehe.

conclusion:
puppy= man ( according to the some of the posts above)
hehehehe
RG wrote:dang it, FYYFF

( Twistor, I guess I am getting used to using the acronym properly, don you think so? hahahahah)
this was a funny thread

The relentless criticisms of RG, me, twistor and grae wore us down. RG's humor rose above it though... he even made a poll to see who everyone hated most. And he said:
RG wrote:I am so fuckin famous

Hate is an emotion: so I am emotionally tied with at least 4 forum members including myself.

Congrats RG.
We all ended up taking breaks from the forum.

And then one dark day on 4/17, out of nowhere, RG left for good. I thought he'd be one of the people who'd stick around here through grad school and keep things entertaining... oh well.
twistor wrote:RG... he inspired us all to be a little less PC. Now he's left us without guidance. His male locker room thread was pure genius. Come back, you fucktwat!
Surely he has checked back on the forum...
butsurigakusha wrote:Ever get the feeling that he is still watching over us?
BTW grae, I noticed that Grant was the one who deleted the male locker room thread, not you... But I guess there's no way to recover deleted threads regardless? Oh well, the memory will live on forever...

sphy

Post by sphy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:38 am

quizivex wrote:RG rocked. He was the greatest. I think he was the reason PGRE.com developed into more of a community than just a question-answer forum. ...
Dear Quizivex you're opinion about RG is really awesome. I had a nervous breakdown reading all those crossed references and this past post. (well I read some of those before, that's when I found about RG!). My frequency matches with you now. I am at an emotional level now.
I think without you guys this is not Physics GRE forum. It's incomplete. Please be there for us. And be our torch bearers. I mean of course there are others but you are having "emeritus status" now.

Wish all of you all the very best in life.