Which is the best group in strong correlated system....in US

adityaphysicsbhu

Which is the best group in strong correlated system....in US

Post by adityaphysicsbhu » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:00 am

Which is the best group 2 work with in strong correlated system....in US...... :?:

adityaphysicsbhu

Re: Which is the best group in strong correlated system....in US

Post by adityaphysicsbhu » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:36 am

adityaphysicsbhu wrote:Which is the best group 2 work with in strong correlated system....in US...... :?:
what happen guys no comments on it........ I think there is no body working strongly correlated systems and many body Physics(Theory).......or they must be busy doing research work........Guys out there have any information about.........please kindly post.......

bfollinprm

Post by bfollinprm » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:04 am

adityaphysicsbhu wrote:
adityaphysicsbhu wrote:Which is the best group 2 work with in strong correlated system....in US...... :?:
what happen guys no comments on it........ I think there is no body working strongly correlated systems and many body Physics(Theory).......or they must be busy doing research work........Guys out there have any information about.........please kindly post.......
This is a question to ask your undergrad/masters advisor who has steered you to this research. The question is way too specific to expect someone on this forum to know this. CMT in general has a strong presence in the Midwest (plains states), which in general has schools with kinder acceptance rates. I know next to nothing about specific groups in CMT, but I'd check websites of schools in Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Nebraska, Kansas, etc.

grae313

Post by grae313 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:46 pm

"The best" is usually an ephemeral and fairly arbitrary notion. There is no concrete answer to your question and this is why nobody has bothered to answer. Moreover, what is best for one person is not necessarily best for another.

Ask instead what some good groups are in strongly correlated systems and then do your own research into these groups and the universities at which they are housed and decide for yourself what the "best" is.

adityaphysicsbhu

Post by adityaphysicsbhu » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:07 pm

grae313 wrote:"The best" is usually an ephemeral and fairly arbitrary notion. There is no concrete answer to your question and this is why nobody has bothered to answer. Moreover, what is best for one person is not necessarily best for another.

Ask instead what some good groups are in strongly correlated systems and then do your own research into these groups and the universities at which they are housed and decide for yourself what the "best" is.
I know the famous(like in Harvard prof Subir Sachdev and in UCSB prof Mattew fisher)......but there are more My reason is for this question I know these people since some of Indian profs worked under them. But rest I don't know I felt there may be some body who may be doing research in many body physics who may know groups in US......But I think I was wrong since after all it is website for gre physics and admission to US universities for phd in physics........and this are question when you complete course work in US...then U decide......

grae313

Post by grae313 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:47 am

If you start with the top 10 universities and go through the research pages at the department websites and look for people doing research in correlated systems, you'll come away with a good list that probably includes at least half of the most recognized/successful groups.

adityaphysicsbhu

Post by adityaphysicsbhu » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:01 am

grae313 wrote:If you start with the top 10 universities and go through the research pages at the department websites and look for people doing research in correlated systems, you'll come away with a good list that probably includes at least half of the most recognized/successful groups.
You are right I have already started ......not only visiting website but also I have good standard books authors and visiting there website too......But I was wondering if anyone in this field (graduate student) can give me more information ........I have already mailed few but it seems they don't check mails(graduate students).......But I did not give up.....and finding new ways to get that information.........I hope to talk to graduates in physics gre who are doing research in many body physics......lets see......

WhoaNonstop

Post by WhoaNonstop » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:14 am

adityaphysicsbhu wrote:
grae313 wrote:If you start with the top 10 universities and go through the research pages at the department websites and look for people doing research in correlated systems, you'll come away with a good list that probably includes at least half of the most recognized/successful groups.
You are right I have already started ......not only visiting website but also I have good standard books authors and visiting there website too......But I was wondering if anyone in this field (graduate student) can give me more information ........I have already mailed few but it seems they don't check mails(graduate students).......But I did not give up.....and finding new ways to get that information.........I hope to talk to graduates in physics gre who are doing research in many body physics......lets see......

When you sent the emails to the graduate students did you include as many dots?

-Riley