Lingering problem

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

wish

Lingering problem

Post by wish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:47 am

Dear forum members,

Can I please ask for your help on a lingering problem I have? In one of my application forms, I listed a few names under "faculty contacted regarding application", because I was planning of contacting them to express my interest. But, after reading some discussions on this forum, I have decided that it would be better to not send any emails. So far, I have been following this rule, but recently, this problem has been bothering me, because I mentioned that I am planning of contacting them when I filled out the application form... May I please ask for your help? Should I try to contact them now?

Thank you everyone and this forum.

WhoaNonstop

Re: Lingering problem

Post by WhoaNonstop » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:18 pm

wish wrote:Dear forum members,

Can I please ask for your help on a lingering problem I have? In one of my application forms, I listed a few names under "faculty contacted regarding application", because I was planning of contacting them to express my interest. But, after reading some discussions on this forum, I have decided that it would be better to not send any emails. So far, I have been following this rule, but recently, this problem has been bothering me, because I mentioned that I am planning of contacting them when I filled out the application form... May I please ask for your help? Should I try to contact them now?

Thank you everyone and this forum.
I highly doubt this will be a huge factor regardless if you contact them or not. They aren't going to put their foot down and say: "Oh Hey, his application is perfect but he didn't contact the people he said he was going to". I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. They care more about other things on your application than that.

-Riley