Are there grad-lvl courses with average GPAs < 3.5?

• As many already know, studying for the physics GRE and getting accepted into a graduate program is not the final hurdle in your physics career.
  • There are many issues current physics graduate students face such as studying for their qualifier, deciding upon a field of research, choosing an advisor, being an effective teaching assistant, trying to have a social life, navigating department politics, dealing with stress, utilizing financial aid, etc.

InquilineKea

Are there grad-lvl courses with average GPAs < 3.5?

Post by InquilineKea » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:41 pm

I've taken a lot of grad-lvl courses where the average GPAs are over 3.5. But I didn't realize that there could be courses with average GPAs of less than 3.5 (a lot of the harder courses are like that) - until I saw that myedu website. Wow.

WhoaNonstop

Re: Are there grad-lvl courses with average GPAs < 3.5?

Post by WhoaNonstop » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:51 pm

InquilineKea wrote:I've taken a lot of grad-lvl courses where the average GPAs are over 3.5. But I didn't realize that there could be courses with average GPAs of less than 3.5 (a lot of the harder courses are like that) - until I saw that myedu website. Wow.
That website can't speak the truth. Graduate school in Physics and Astronomy can only be rainbows and butterflies.

-Riley