AP Physics C prep books?

InquilineKea

AP Physics C prep books?

Post by InquilineKea » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:09 am

Certainly, AP Physics C prep books won't cover the entire exam. But has anyone still found them useful for their PGREs? (considering that basic 1st year physics is the plurality of the material on the PGRE, and that there are no other timed multiple choice tests other than the 4 official PGRE books).

And if so, which one do you think is most helpful? I'm thinking about Barron's since Barron's books are generally considered to be harder than the real exam.

WhoaNonstop

Re: AP Physics C prep books?

Post by WhoaNonstop » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:21 pm

InquilineKea wrote:Certainly, AP Physics C prep books won't cover the entire exam. But has anyone still found them useful for their PGREs? (considering that basic 1st year physics is the plurality of the material on the PGRE, and that there are no other timed multiple choice tests other than the 4 official PGRE books).

And if so, which one do you think is most helpful? I'm thinking about Barron's since Barron's books are generally considered to be harder than the real exam.
In my opinion, the best way to study for the Physics GRE is to skim through your general, modern, and the first few chapters of your quantum. I realize there are questions that come outside of this range but these are definitely the majority. Also, make sure you go through all the practice test problems and understand each problem well and where it came from.

-Riley