ETS score reporting method

ryan6

ETS score reporting method

Post by ryan6 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:34 am

I have yet to read any threads about people having trouble sending gre score reports but I am pretty confused so maybe I am missing something here.

How do you know that you are sending the scores to the right department? It seems like ETS gives 50 different options for physics and engineering but each school has a different way of breaking up the diciplines. For example, I am applying to cornell's applied physics program, but there is no 'applied physics' option. So i guess i go with 'engineering physics', but I dont want to find out 2 months from now that my scores never made it. Or, have to spend lots of money resending scores to the same school.

Is there any way to match up department codes or something? Please help, these scores need to get out ASAP

axiomofchoice

Re: ETS score reporting method

Post by axiomofchoice » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:29 am

Maybe read the application requirements from the departments you are applying to? A lot of times (if not always) they will tell you which institution code and which department code to you for ETS score reporting.

WhoaNonstop

Post by WhoaNonstop » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:32 am

Yes, you need to read each of them individually. Most of them it doesn't even matter the specific department, just as long as you get the right school. =P

-Riley

ryan6

Post by ryan6 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:11 pm

thank you for the replies. you guys are right, you definately have to dig around. One problem im still having is with MIT materials engineering department. I found in a couple places on MIT's website the department code 1403. However, I could not find this department code on the ets score report page. The closest code number was 1402, which was "engineering-materials," so I felt safe enough with that one to press the trigger.

a http://www.physicsgre.com institution/department code database would be very helpful :P

t2kburl

Post by t2kburl » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:56 pm

A detail I missed in their fine print ... ETS only sends the scores they have at the time you request the report. They do not wait to send a subject score report until you have actually taken a subject exam, if you order the report before that time.

As a result of this, I have 5 incomplete applications out there.

So much for planning ahead.

I would encourage everyone to log in to the gre website and view their score reports online. When you do this there will be a list below the scores of all the reports they have sent and the dates they sent the reports. Make sure they match up correctly and that all subject score reports are after the subject exam was taken.

I hate ETS :evil:

axiomofchoice

Post by axiomofchoice » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:06 pm

t2kburl wrote:A detail I missed in their fine print ... ETS only sends the scores they have at the time you request the report. They do not wait to send a subject score report until you have actually taken a subject exam, if you order the report before that time.

As a result of this, I have 5 incomplete applications out there.

So much for planning ahead.

I would encourage everyone to log in to the gre website and view their score reports online. When you do this there will be a list below the scores of all the reports they have sent and the dates they sent the reports. Make sure they match up correctly and that all subject score reports are after the subject exam was taken.

I hate ETS :evil:
I'm pretty sure there is an option to wait for a score to be available before they send it. You must have missed it. Not that I'm defending the ETS :P

Try calling them. Maybe they will resend the scores for free now.

t2kburl

Post by t2kburl » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:16 pm

axiomofchoice wrote: I'm pretty sure there is an option to wait for a score to be available before they send it. You must have missed it. Not that I'm defending the ETS :P

I obviously missed something. Cleared out the bottom of my list, with one exception. Deadlines are passed now. One of them has agreed to accept a pdf I made of the webpage. (Who would lie about a score THAT bad?). As for the others, I wouldn't have gone had they accepted me anyway, now that I have Colorado State in the bank.

ETS do something for free? :lol: ROFL !!! Good one! :lol:

WhoaNonstop

Post by WhoaNonstop » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:32 pm

t2kburl wrote:ETS do something for free? :lol: ROFL !!! Good one! :lol:
They'd do your mother for free.

-Riley

sphy

Post by sphy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:56 pm

t2kburl wrote:
axiomofchoice wrote: I'm pretty sure there is an option to wait for a score to be available before they send it. You must have missed it. Not that I'm defending the ETS :P

I obviously missed something. Cleared out the bottom of my list, with one exception. Deadlines are passed now. One of them has agreed to accept a pdf I made of the webpage. (Who would lie about a score THAT bad?). As for the others, I wouldn't have gone had they accepted me anyway, now that I have Colorado State in the bank.

ETS do something for free? :lol: ROFL !!! Good one! :lol:
Oh my Gosh!!!!
I have the same problem. Since currently I don't have PGRE score so I just checked the GGRE only. My rationale behind this was like I thought they would take 23$+23$, so it will be better to send them when I am done. My mind is reeling...

Is there any way to send the PGRE score "in future" to all the same institutes I have supplied the only GGRE now, free of cost.

HappyQuark

Post by HappyQuark » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:56 pm

WhoaNonstop wrote:
t2kburl wrote:ETS do something for free? :lol: ROFL !!! Good one! :lol:
They'd do your mother for free.

-Riley
Who wouldn't, she's easy!