Resume as "additional file"

rims

Resume as "additional file"

Post by rims » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:31 pm

Some schools give the chance to upload "additional files" in their applications. This is intended for information not covered by the questions in the application. My question is, is it ok to upload my resume here? I'm asking this because my resume has some extra information not covered in the sop.

Or more generally, is it ok to send my resume to schools that don't explicitly ask for it (but don't explicitly ask not to send it either)?

rims

Re: Resume as "additional file"

Post by rims » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Another thing, I also wrote a file with the courses I've taken along with the respective textbooks (apart from the transcript, which only includes the courses' names). I thought I could also upload this in the "additional files" section, because they might be interested in the contents of the courses I've taken (as I'm international). Is this appropiate? Or, in general, I shouldn't send anything not explicitly requested?

grae313

Re: Resume as "additional file"

Post by grae313 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:31 pm

I uploaded my CV as an additional file when this was an option, but unless they ask for a course list and all your textbooks I think this is unnecessary.