When will the LOR notification reach the prof?

satyad18

When will the LOR notification reach the prof?

Post by satyad18 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:47 am

Hello all. I wanted to get this application process to get over ASAP. So, my question is - when does the notification of the recommendation letter reach the prof? Is it after you submit his/her email id or is it after you submit the application (including their email ids, of course!)?

ashowmega

Re: When will the LOR notification reach the prof?

Post by ashowmega » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:28 am

Depends on the application itself. Some school's application immediately sends it to recommender when you save the data about the recommender while some sends the notification when you submit the application. I have filled both kinds of applications. You should be able to figure out what exactly the application you are filling out will do by looking at the corner, or top or bottom of the section for putting recommender information. These notes should provide you the information about when the system will notify your recommender.

satyad18

Re: When will the LOR notification reach the prof?

Post by satyad18 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:26 am

ashowmega wrote:Depends on the application itself. Some school's application immediately sends it to recommender when you save the data about the recommender while some sends the notification when you submit the application. I have filled both kinds of applications. You should be able to figure out what exactly the application you are filling out will do by looking at the corner, or top or bottom of the section for putting recommender information. These notes should provide you the information about when the system will notify your recommender.
Uh huh! Will check that out then. Thanks.. :)