GRE registration number confusion

schwiss

GRE registration number confusion

Post by schwiss » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:41 pm

Sorry if this question is elementary, but better safe than sorry, is it not?

The GRE score report web page shows only one registration number, which I guess is for the most recent test (which would be general GRE). Is this correct?

In my PGRE admission ticket is another registration number, which is different from what the GRE web page says. This supports the above guess.

So, am I right in assuming I now know the registration numbers for both of my exams. I ask this because it is not explicitly stated anywhere that the web page registration number is the general GRE one, and I'd like to not *** up something this simple. I don't have any paper score reports (I assume they contain the numbers) and the registration e-mails for some reason don't show the registration numbers. I will receive my paper reports probably in early 2013. Funnily enough, TOEFL registration e-mail contains the TOEFL registration number, which is, you know, logical.

So, is the registration number shown in the web score report the one from the most recent test, and can the registration numbers be found somewhere else apart from the paper reports which take forever to arrive? I have no idea why they just couldn't put all the numbers on the stupid web page.

pqortic

Re: GRE registration number confusion

Post by pqortic » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:29 am

you don't need more than one reg. number. but you should be able to see tests and score recipients in your profile. if you can see all of them then you are fine. I guess the reg. number on the web is the one from the General test.

ryan6

Re: GRE registration number confusion

Post by ryan6 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:24 am

i had this confusion. There is a seperate registration number for each test. The online score report page shows the latest one. You need to look at the ticket you recieved in the mail or just call. i also think you can pull up a copy of those tickets online