What are my chances?

Lanmpervp

What are my chances?

Post by Lanmpervp » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Hello. I took the General GRE exam on Friday and I got the following scores:

Quantitative: 760
Verbal: 610
Writing: Unknown

My Physics GPA is 3.95, while my overall GPA is 3.970.
I have done research for the past three years, and I have published a paper with my mentor.

The schools I am applying to are:

MIT
Columbia University
CUNY Graduate Center
Stanford University
Princeton University

The problem is that I do not believe that my quantitative score is high enough to gain admissions into the top teir schools. Also, I am scheduled to take the Physics GRE exam this week, but I have not prepared for it that rigorously.

What do you you guys think? What are my chances? Should I defer my applications for next year?

Thanks a lot.

WhoaNonstop

Re: What are my chances?

Post by WhoaNonstop » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Lanmpervp wrote:Hello. I took the General GRE exam on Friday and I got the following scores:

Quantitative: 760
Verbal: 610
Writing: Unknown

My Physics GPA is 3.95, while my overall GPA is 3.970.
I have done research for the past three years, and I have published a paper with my mentor.

The schools I am applying to are:

MIT
Columbia University
CUNY Graduate Center
Stanford University
Princeton University

The problem is that I do not believe that my quantitative score is high enough to gain admissions into the top teir schools. Also, I am scheduled to take the Physics GRE exam this week, but I have not prepared for it that rigorously.

What do you you guys think? What are my chances? Should I defer my applications for next year?

Thanks a lot.
I'd say the Physics GRE is much more important than the Quantitative GRE part. Obviously this is very hard to gauge because we have no clue what you'll get on the Physics GRE. The BEST way for YOU to figure this out is to search for the applicant information on this website and compare yourself.

-Riley