Safety Schools.. especially in HET

hamadahoda007

Safety Schools.. especially in HET

Post by hamadahoda007 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:50 am

Hello guys,

I am intending to apply for grad schools for Fall2011 cycle.. I am inclined towards High Energy Theory, thinking of applying to 3-4 of the top 10 and around 6 mid-tier and "safety" schools.. I am an international student with good GPA and some average research experience..

I know there is nothing as a school that is 100% safe to be accepted in.. But, I am really puzzled by the choices :? .. Can anyone recommend some "safe" schools that yet have relatively strong programs especially in HEP? :roll:

Thanks in advance 8)

pqortic

Re: Safety Schools.. especially in HET

Post by pqortic » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:34 pm

there is no certain answer for you without knowing your profile and tests scores. by having those in hand, you can compare yourself with admitted applicants in the profile threads of this forum and get some ideas on where to apply.

razor

Post by razor » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:47 pm

There's a part here (just click the link below) where there's a list of good High Energy programs which are in the Top 10-30. Although I wouldn't call them safety schools, you can at least start with them in finding a good fit.

http://www.physicsgre.com/viewtopic.php ... 269#p22387

hamadahoda007

Post by hamadahoda007 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:25 am

pqortic wrote:there is no certain answer for you without knowing your profile and tests scores. by having those in hand, you can compare yourself with admitted applicants in the profile threads of this forum and get some ideas on where to apply.

I did compare myself with the available profiles but still, the details of having backup universities are still not concrete in my mind..
razor wrote:There's a part here (just click the link below) where there's a list of good High Energy programs which are in the Top 10-30. Although I wouldn't call them safety schools, you can at least start with them in finding a good fit.

http://www.physicsgre.com/viewtopic.php ... 269#p22387
Thank you indeed... That surely helped

Last bumped by hamadahoda007 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:25 am.