how to study?

modernphysics

how to study?

Post by modernphysics » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:43 am

dear all,
Could you please tell me if Theory or Problem would be a great way to start?
Actually i have so many books in every field of physics. So i get confused what should i study. So also guide me in this regard what the Most essential books i should( MUST) read in order to feel confident about my preparation.
please help me friends...... :roll: :?:

pqortic

Re: how to study?

Post by pqortic » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:23 pm

you shouldn't start several threads for the same question. see here:http://www.physicsgre.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3246

quizivex

Post by quizivex » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:08 pm

The problems are much more instructive and beneficial once you already know the theory. I'd recommend reviewing the basics from your undergrad course texts first, then when you go through the old PGRE practice tests you'll have most of the knowledge needed and can focus on problem solving. Of course, the test is very broad and nobody has learned the material behind all of the questions in undergrad, so don't try to master everything... When going through the practice tests you'll find additional unfamiliar topics (which are likely to be tested again) you can look up in your texts or often on the internet (like how to use logarithmic graph paper). Don't spend too much time on advanced material (like a Quantum II course or bessel functions).

modernphysics

Post by modernphysics » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:49 am

pqortic wrote:you shouldn't start several threads for the same question. see here:http://www.physicsgre.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3246
Sorry!!!!!!!!!!

modernphysics

Post by modernphysics » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:06 am

quizivex wrote:The problems are much more instructive and beneficial once you already know the theory. I'd recommend reviewing the basics from your undergrad course texts first, then when you go through the old PGRE practice tests you'll have most of the knowledge needed and can focus on problem solving. Of course, the test is very broad and nobody has learned the material behind all of the questions in undergrad, so don't try to master everything... When going through the practice tests you'll find additional unfamiliar topics (which are likely to be tested again) you can look up in your texts or often on the internet (like how to use logarithmic graph paper). Don't spend too much time on advanced material (like a Quantum II course or bessel functions).
Thank you my dear friend. You have alleviated my problem. I'll start working from today..