Last minute decisions on the 15th

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

unrelated

Last minute decisions on the 15th

Post by unrelated » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Anybody know what time on the 15th we have to respond to our offers by? I think somebody mentioned midnight in the timezone of the school, is this correct?

pqortic

Re: Last minute decisions on the 15th

Post by pqortic » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:26 pm

admissionprof wrote:
matonski wrote:Can we make the decision on April 15 itself? One of my schools has an open house this weekend and I could use all the time I can get.
Yes (although there might be a question of time zones--I believe it is interpreted as the time when midnight strikes at the school in question). Still it would be VERY courteous to decide a day earlier, to let more offers be made.
Yap! that's correct.

YellowXDart

Re: Last minute decisions on the 15th

Post by YellowXDart » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:53 pm

Actually, one of my letters said something like "We will hold this offer open for you until 5pm MST on April 15th," so I would double check your letters to make sure.