a question to accepted people

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

rabbitcondansate

a question to accepted people

Post by rabbitcondansate » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:36 am

hi everyone
I am an international student.
I have applied a few places, but I haven't received any acceptance or rejection yet.
I asked to some of them and they told me to wait a little bit.
My question to accepted people is: what is the general deadline for you to return them back? I guess they are waiting for the answers of the accepted people. By asking this I will try to figure out the time they are going to reply back to me.
thx

kroner

Re: a question to accepted people

Post by kroner » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:51 am

The schools are required to give students until April 15th to make a decision, but students are encouraged to decide as soon as possible so that the schools can make additional offers.
Last edited by kroner on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abeboparebop

Post by abeboparebop » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:43 pm

In addition to what kroner said, most of the open houses will be finished by the end of March/beginning of April, so you can expect almost all first-wave applicants to have made decisions by April 3 or so.

nathan12343

Post by nathan12343 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:58 pm

abeboparebop wrote:In addition to what kroner said, most of the open houses will be finished by the end of March/beginning of April, so you can expect almost all first-wave applicants to have made decisions by April 3 or so.
I think in the best of all possible worlds this is the case, but choosing a grad school is a really really tough decision and many people only make their decision once the deadline is fast approaching.