UFL application checklist

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

blackcat007

UFL application checklist

Post by blackcat007 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:57 pm

People applying to UFL, can you see your Physics GRE scores under the "Test scores Received" ??

newt11

Re: UFL application checklist

Post by newt11 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:15 am

Also not seen on my account. But I guess materials only grad school interested in seen on that page.

eap

Post by eap » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:52 pm

All I see is the total score for the General GRE, but I've been admitted (astronomy) and had received an email earlier from the department saying all they were missing was one letter of recommendation. I sent my scores after taking the test via an Additional Score Report, so it got there as far as I can tell.

newt11

Post by newt11 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:34 am

Anyone got acceptance from physics of UFL( not astronomy)?

lapen

Post by lapen » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:26 pm

newt11 wrote:Anyone got acceptance from physics of UFL( not astronomy)?
Yes! I got the acceptance email on Jan 28.

blackcat007

Post by blackcat007 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:55 pm

lapen wrote:
Hi, if this doesn't bothers you, can you please tell from which country you are, you mentioned intl, but you didn't take TOEFL.

blackcat007

Post by blackcat007 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:48 pm

from 2009's trend, UFL sends out acceptances on around 13 Feb.. so there is still some days to go :?

newt11

Post by newt11 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:00 pm

I hope so :)

lapen

Post by lapen » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:32 pm

blackcat007 wrote:
lapen wrote:
Hi, if this doesn't bothers you, can you please tell from which country you are, you mentioned intl, but you didn't take TOEFL.
I go to school in the US and so I don't need to take the TOEFL.

mdrake

Post by mdrake » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:19 pm

A short story about UFL's checklist system.

I received an email from UFL about two weeks ago where they asked for two more letters of recommendation since only 1 had been received. I checked the gatorlink system, and it said all three were in. I replied and said that they were in, and got no response. About a week later, they responded with the exact same email. I called them and got confirmation that my application was under review and complete. The next day I had an apology email from the person who had contacted me, saying there was a glitch in what he could access in their system and what was actually there, and that everything was fine. Later that day, I received an offer from them.

Moral of the story: If you think it's in but they say it isn't, it's a good idea to talk to a real person and check.

blackcat007

Post by blackcat007 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:01 am

mdrake wrote:A short story about UFL's checklist system.

I received an email from UFL about two weeks ago where they asked for two more letters of recommendation since only 1 had been received. I checked the gatorlink system, and it said all three were in. I replied and said that they were in, and got no response. About a week later, they responded with the exact same email. I called them and got confirmation that my application was under review and complete. The next day I had an apology email from the person who had contacted me, saying there was a glitch in what he could access in their system and what was actually there, and that everything was fine. Later that day, I received an offer from them.

Moral of the story: If you think it's in but they say it isn't, it's a good idea to talk to a real person and check.
I PM'ed you. Please check