Sending only one copy of transcript

blackcat007

Sending only one copy of transcript

Post by blackcat007 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:24 am

Many schools require 2 copies of transcripts, one for the dept and one for the graduate office eg: UNC, Chapel Hill. I had asked the graduate coordinator whether I could send only one copy of transcript in case I am financially constrained, and he agreed, by saying that he will make a copy of the original and keep that with the dept and send the original to the graduate office. But till now when I log into their application checklist, it shows that only my dept copy of transcripts are received. I have mailed them many times, but they are unresponsive. Has anyone here faced similar situation?

similar situation is with U of Pennsylvania, they said that I could upload my transcripts and once I am offered an admission I could send them the original complete transcript. But till now the application checklist shows that my transcripts are not received and my application is incomplete.

as some schools have started offering admissions, I am getting really tensed.. :x

bosonic

Re: Sending only one copy of transcript

Post by bosonic » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:55 am

Hi,

in my application status at UPenn it says all my transcripts (which I uploaded) have been received (and it indicates that they are not official), so maybe you should email someone there.

At UMD I sent transcripts from different universities in the same package and in the application status they say there is one transcript missing (which I am sure I sent), so I think this application status services are not very efficient.

blackcat007

Post by blackcat007 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:01 pm

bosonic wrote:Hi,

in my application status at UPenn it says all my transcripts (which I uploaded) have been received (and it indicates that they are not official), so maybe you should email someone there.

At UMD I sent transcripts from different universities in the same package and in the application status they say there is one transcript missing (which I am sure I sent), so I think this application status services are not very efficient.
Thanks a lot for replying.. I have again mailed the grad coordinator of UPenn.. lets see.. :?

mike164

Post by mike164 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:09 pm

bosonic wrote:Hi,

The same thing happened to me with UMD. I called Linda Ohara at the physics department. She was very helpful. She said that the graduate school receives thousands of transcripts and they might have misplaced it. She said she will contact the graduate school and ask them to look for it. The next day, I recieved an e-mail from her that they have found my missing transcript. Call her immediately. The application status services is indeed efficient at UMD. The same thing happened with UIUC as well.
blackcat007 wrote: I have mailed them many times, but they are unresponsive. Has anyone here faced similar situation?

:x
Call them. E-mail correspondence would not work efficiently at this time of the year. They would be too busy to send you an reply. In fact, some universities like Duke specifically says not to e-mail them and just call them about status issues.

pqortic

Post by pqortic » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:37 pm

they are really busy these days to update the online pages. because you sent transcript by mail rather than electronically so someone should check a box in the system and this is kinda minor work.
if you paid the application fee they will review your application thoroughly and don't like to miss good candidates and in case missing something, they will contact you.

you have to wait and wait! Don't worry at all.

quizivex

Post by quizivex » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:46 pm

It's retarded and inconsiderate that these schools can't make their own copy of the transcripts and save the students the unnecessary cost of a second transcript. The $60+ application fee is supposed to include such trivial "processing costs" anyway.