I just got my scores back and I’m disappointed! What now?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

Void Dragon

I just got my scores back and I’m disappointed! What now?

Post by Void Dragon » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:30 pm

I just got my score, and I got a 630 (43rd percentile) :cry:. What the heck do I do now? I graduate in june, there is no time to go back and retake it cause the stupid bastards at ETS won't offer the test again till april, when every single application deadline will already be past.

I wanted to apply to Experimental Condenssed Matter at:

Northeastern
Buffalo
Syracuse
RPI
Temple
Penn State
Pittsburgh
UofR
Stonybrook

I have a 700V, a 750Q and a 3.6 GPA, with a minor in math.

What I do now? I gave that test my all, I don't think I could do better if I took it again. I'm really good, just not at warp 5. I need to get funding, or I can't go.

tnoviell

Post by tnoviell » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:40 pm

Lol, that isn't a bad score. Your physics GRE is used as a filter, and nothing more. From the schools you listed, I'm sure you'll get into at least one.

You people fret too much on this board, for real.

Wanna Be Physicist

Post by Wanna Be Physicist » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:20 pm

Void Dragon

I had much lower scores (across the board) than yours. But I got accepted to 6 of the 7 schools I applied too. 5 With Fellowships. Your Physics GRE wont matter if you have research experience, and solid recomendations.

I wish I hadn't wasted so much of my life on the Physics GRE honestly.

Cheers
Last edited by Wanna Be Physicist on Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asianbob

Post by Asianbob » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:01 pm

Life will continue...

Richter

Post by Richter » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:54 am

Don't be bothered..